2019 Week 1 - Western Illinois at North Alabama (8/29/19)

Western_101

ST_Lawson wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:56 pm
RedNeck wrote:Anybody know when the buses get loaded up for Ft. Collins? Figure two stops for food/fuel this should be a very manageable 32 hour round trip.
I've done the drive from Macomb to the west side of the front range quite a few times, once nonstop (never again)...they better not do that to the players.

Honestly, if we can't find a way to fly the football team to a game in Colorado, we need to seriously reconsider being a DI school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Actually that was my attempt at being a smart ass. But seriously If I'm a team captain I say the whole team refuses to get on the bus unless it is headed to Quad City Airport.

I know the NCAA picks up the tab on travel for the playoffs what is the cut off for bus ride is 4 hours or 5?
Western_101

Is flying out of Burlington an option (60 min drive) or Quincy (75min)?
Tere North

RedNeck wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:16 am Is flying out of Burlington an option (60 min drive) or Quincy (75min)?
I don't think either of those options can handle essentially the 737 type plane required for FB. Besides, QC airport is only 90 minutes or less.
sealhall74

I know y'all have been anxiously awaiting this year's Probability of K Wins Forecast. From where I sit, looks like a huge log jam for bragging rights after the two XDSU teams.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... ingle=true
Embrace the pace of the race.
yokedneck

Tough opener for the Leathernecks, but the team seems young.

Headed to Manhattan to watch KState opener. Former Leatherneck Nick Kaltmayer expected to start at OT. He played his FR year at Western then transferred after the coaching change.

Wildcats got Klieman from NDSU so looking forward to seeing if he can replicate his FCS success at K-State.

The o-line coach who recruited Nick and my son to Western is now at NDSU. I am pretty sure he was really interested in becoming Western's coach but didn't get the job. A three-year stint at Rutgers and now he is back in the Missouri Valley.

https://gobison.com/coaches.aspx?rc=1357&path=football

Tom

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

[thinkpurple]Leatherneck Football[/thinkpurple]
sealhall74

Klieman probably the only HC in the nation with a Senior Special Teams Analyst on his staff who just happens to be the son of a well-known former HC at the same university. :lol:

https://www.kstatesports.com/coaches.as ... h=football
Embrace the pace of the race.
letsgonecks

They better make some huge strides or next week will be embarrassing.

CSU's offense looked pretty darn good the first half against Colorado.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

RedNeck wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:56 am Actually that was my attempt at being a smart ass. But seriously If I'm a team captain I say the whole team refuses to get on the bus unless it is headed to Quad City Airport.

I know the NCAA picks up the tab on travel for the playoffs what is the cut off for bus ride is 4 hours or 5?
I understood what you were going for. In all seriousness...it's about a 13 hour drive from Macomb to Fort Collins. The athletics department needs to #neckup and figure out a way to get them out there that doesn't involve a full day on a bus. Hopefully it's in the contract with Colorado State that they cover the flight out there.

I think the cutoff for driving is 5 hours, but I could be wrong. That is about where most FCS teams draw the line for driving vs flying during the regular season also.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Oldneck

Actually, A.J. Was the first choice of many people in Macomb, including myself, but he chose Rutgers. As a Big Ten guy, he saw the opportunity as very desirable. Glad he is back in the MVFC even if it is as part of the evil empire at NDSU.
yokedneck wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:59 am Tough opener for the Leathernecks, but the team seems young.

Headed to Manhattan to watch KState opener. Former Leatherneck Nick Kaltmayer expected to start at OT. He played his FR year at Western then transferred after the coaching change.

Wildcats got Klieman from NDSU so looking forward to seeing if he can replicate his FCS success at K-State.

The o-line coach who recruited Nick and my son to Western is now at NDSU. I am pretty sure he was really interested in becoming Western's coach but didn't get the job. A three-year stint at Rutgers and now he is back in the Missouri Valley.

https://gobison.com/coaches.aspx?rc=1357&path=football

Tom

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Wiu1990Neck

Western is chartering to Colorado State, Youngstown and NDSU this year. I think 4 charters was out of the question, thus the bus trip to Florence.