At Missouri

wiu712

Missouri won the game 97-89 in overtime.

Olivia Kaufmann led the Western scoring with 23 points. Annabel Graettinger had 18. Danni Nichols had 14. Grace Gilmore had 13.

Evan Zars had 20 rebounds.

Attendance at Missouri = 3,851.

Next game will be the home opener on Friday (November 8) vs Culver-Stockton College. Game time is 5:30 PM.
wiu712

WIU Women lose in overtime at Missouri.
From the McDonough County Voice:
https://www.mcdonoughvoice.com/sports/2 ... t-missouri
meganeck

Not sure what is going on the women's team, but they basically played 5 players. Hopefully the bench improves as the season goes on and they become a deeper team.
LocalYokelFan

meganeck wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:43 pm Not sure what is going on the women's team, but they basically played 5 players. Hopefully the bench improves as the season goes on and they become a deeper team.
I think what's going on is they took a P5 school to OT, on the road, in their opener! Coach Gravina has spoken in the pre-season about his confidence in the team's depth, so I don't think there should be much concern there. When you've got P5 school on the ropes, you want your best players on the court. My guess is that's amplified in road openers against P5 schools with noticeably different athletes.

I'm sure the message after that game is, if the ladies practice hard and play hard, there's not a team remaining on the schedule they can't beat. That's an exciting place to be after Game 1! Looking forward to another exciting season for the WBB Leathernecks and Coach Gravina.
meganeck

LocalYokelFan wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:25 pm
meganeck wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:43 pm Not sure what is going on the women's team, but they basically played 5 players. Hopefully the bench improves as the season goes on and they become a deeper team.
I think what's going on is they took a P5 school to OT, on the road, in their opener! Coach Gravina has spoken in the pre-season about his confidence in the team's depth, so I don't think there should be much concern there. When you've got P5 school on the ropes, you want your best players on the court. My guess is that's amplified in road openers against P5 schools with noticeably different athletes.

I'm sure the message after that game is, if the ladies practice hard and play hard, there's not a team remaining on the schedule they can't beat. That's an exciting place to be after Game 1! Looking forward to another exciting season for the WBB Leathernecks and Coach Gravina.
In no way am i questioning JD's coaching, I was just surprised more girls didn't play, with most everybody back, I'm sure we will see pretty much everybody play today. I just didn't know if they had injuries or like you said just played his best players since it was a close game.