New Coach?

GV Dad

Did we get a new Coach today?
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

I posted something in the general Athletics section of the message board about it, but Holly Van Vlyman has been brought on as an interim HC. She played for WIU in the late '90s, was a phenomenal pitcher, played professionally for a bit, was inducted into the athletics HOF in 2012, was the HC from 2006-2016 and was fairly successful in that time. Stepped down after 2016 to work in the athletics office.
https://goleathernecks.com/staff-direct ... n-vlymen/4

As the "Assistant Athletic Director for Academics and Student-Athlete Development", I think she's the one in charge of things like making sure all athletes are academically qualified and keeping them qualified.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Neckfansince71

Holly is a great "get" at this point in time. Golitko left at a pretty un-opportune time and having Holly step in is great news. Beth player for Holly and was basically using Holly's stuff. I heard the ladies were very excited when it was announced. ;) jc
meganeck

With the Softball season cancelled and looking like a basketball coach has been hired. I wonder when they will start looking for a new softball coach.
Neckfansince71

I maybe totally wrong about this but Holly may just stay on as the head coach. I don't have any inside information to confirm that, just my gut feeling. ;) jc
Tere North

Neckfansince71 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:58 am I maybe totally wrong about this but Holly may just stay on as the head coach. I don't have any inside information to confirm that, just my gut feeling. ;) jc
With her twin boys is was important to resign the first time. Somehow I don't see that changing. I just think she was a proud enough Leatherneck that she was willing to step in during a time of crisis.