vs Northern Illinois (11/20/19)

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
wiu712

The Peoria Journal-Star reported that Northern Illinois is a 5-point favorite.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

wiu712 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:21 pm The Peoria Journal-Star reported that Northern Illinois is a 5-point favorite.
I've seen mostly 5-7 point range in various tweets. NIU isn't great, but it sounds like they're in general a bit better than we are, and they have a senior named Eugene German (#10) who puts up 20+ ppg (and had 24 points against Iowa State last week). If we can't slow him down, he's likely to have a huge night.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

So do we need a gofundme to get a little score and time clock box on the video stream or what? In the past we have used a separate camera to capture that off the scoreboard and paste it on the screen. Why not this year?
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu2013

sealhall74 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:13 pm So do we need a gofundme to get a little score and time clock box on the video stream or what? In the past we have used a separate camera to capture that off the scoreboard and paste it on the screen. Why not this year?
We also need to raise enough money to either get a newer clock or new scores table workers. Every game there has been an issue with the clock, fouls, time, etc.
sealhall74

I still say Pyle reminds me of Larry Bird with his skill set and mannerisms.
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

Northern Illinois won the game 86-81.

Kobe Webster led the Western scoring with 26 points. Zion Young had 16. James Claar had 10.

Attendance at Western Hall = 684.

Next game will be at Western Hall on Saturday (Nov 23) vs Central Christian College of the Bible. Game time is 7:00 PM.

There were several issues with the new scoreboard tonight.
wiu712

Huskies march out of Macomb with victory over Western Illinois.
From the Northern Star:
https://northernstar.info/sports/huskie ... 9f8a9.html
Neckfansince71

We were in the stands for both games last night. I still like Western Hall! I know that it is not an arena, and really just a field house, but I think the changes over the years has made it a pretty neat place to play. The video boards came in from the cold today, unfortunately a day late for last night's games.

If you had told me that the women would get bombed last night, prior to the game and I would have told you you were crazy. But the women were never in it, got frustrated, and then just lost cohesion. Reminded me of the old "stratego Football Games" that had 22 players who moved via vibration on a large green football field, alot of movement with little to show for it. Bradley looked really good and kept hitting the 3 ball on the left side. They set up for it a number of times and were rewarded with a lead that just kept getting bigger and bigger. Not sure what to say. Thought the women were better or would be better.

I watched the TMartin game last weekend and really felt that the men should have won that game. What was needed was what last night led to a very well played loss last night. The Necks got the shots they wanted at the end, they just did not fall as much as they did for NIU. Really liked the 1-2 punch of Clarr and Arrington!!! They were physically better than WIU was, and their NBA guard was everything they said he was. But the Necks hung in to the end. Would love to have Steson and TMartin back! Getting tired of "close!" ;) jc

I envision a very large video board for the west side of the Hall in the near future. Let's face it, the Hall is a bit quirky, but thats okay.
Neckfansince71

We were in the stands for both games last night. I still like Western Hall! I know that it is not an arena, and really just a field house, but I think the changes over the years has made it a pretty neat place to play. The video boards came in from the cold today, unfortunately a day late for last night's games.

If you had told me that the women would get bombed last night, prior to the game and I would have told you you were crazy. But the women were never in it, got frustrated, and then just lost cohesion. Reminded me of the old "stratego Football Games" that had 22 players who moved via vibration on a large green football field, alot of movement with little to show for it. Bradley looked really good and kept hitting the 3 ball on the left side. They set up for it a number of times and were rewarded with a lead that just kept getting bigger and bigger. Not sure what to say. Thought the women were better or would be better.

I watched the TMartin game last weekend and really felt that the men should have won that game. What was needed was what last night led to a very well played loss last night. The Necks got the shots they wanted at the end, they just did not fall as much as they did for NIU. Really liked the 1-2 punch of Clarr and Arrington!!! They were physically better than WIU was, and their NBA guard was everything they said he was. But the Necks hung in to the end. Would love to have Steson and TMartin back! Getting tired of "close!" ;) jc

I envision a very large video board for the west side of the Hall in the near future. Let's face it, the Hall is a bit quirky, but thats okay.