2020 Roster Changes

WIU2DC

So we got a RB from Auburn (SEC), DL from Texas (BIG12), and LB from Iowa State (BIG12) all transferring with multiple years of eligibility left?

Am I missing any other P5 guys?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
leatherneckcountry

Now we just need to get some transfer OL from Bama
WIU2DC

leatherneckcountry wrote:Now we just need to get some transfer OL from Bama
ImageImageImage

GV Dad

WIU2DC wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:30 am So we got a RB from Auburn (SEC), DL from Texas (BIG12), and LB from Iowa State (BIG12) all transferring with multiple years of eligibility left?

May have 2 more soon. Fingers crossed!
WIU2DC

GV Dad wrote:
WIU2DC wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:30 am So we got a RB from Auburn (SEC), DL from Texas (BIG12), and LB from Iowa State (BIG12) all transferring with multiple years of eligibility left?

May have 2 more soon. Fingers crossed!
Don’t tease us like that! Is it a Bama OL? Image

leatherneckcountry

Lot of guys went into the portal at NIU today wonder if we will target any of them i know NIU isn't what it was.
letsgonecks

I posted in the 2021 thread, but thought I'd add here in hopes someone has some info. Tackles Hopp and Woodard both removed from the roster and we're currently sitting at 11 lineman. Is this covid related, are they sitting out the spring, transferring, done with football?

Thought Woodard struggled a bit last year and was likely fighting for his RT spot, but hoping he'd take a step up. Hopp seemed like a lock after starting the last 2 years at LT.
letsgonecks

No longer showing Malik Burns on the roster. Started first 2 games at DE and was listed on last week's depth chart as backup, but didint appear in the game.

Thought he showed some really good potential last year, but didn't do much first 2 weeks. Our Dline hasn't done much as a unit and can add in the Buck OLB's who basically function as the DE.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

letsgonecks wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:35 am I posted in the 2021 thread, but thought I'd add here in hopes someone has some info. Tackles Hopp and Woodard both removed from the roster and we're currently sitting at 11 lineman. Is this covid related, are they sitting out the spring, transferring, done with football?
Hopp is transferring (grad transfer), a recent tweet says that he's received offers from UNC Charlotte, CMU, EMU, and Kent State (all G5 FBS programs)

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
letsgonecks

Looks like Malik Burns is finally in the transfer portal, per his twitter page.

Also noticed DB Taylor Harris has listed his portal info on Twitter. He appeared in the first game and was on the 2 deep that week, but not since.