Performing Arts Center

General Campus News, Updates, Discussion
Tere North

rocki wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:36 amLast I knew, the Voice only published from Monday through Friday. Meaning the high school football scores wouldn't be available in a timely fashion at all. It's a far cry from what I grew up with - The Macomb Daily Journal. It was a small town newspaper, sure, and didn't compete with the Tribute or Sun Times; but it at least had a Saturday edition that printed local sports and pictures. Change isn't always bad, but it isn't always good, either.

The Voice published Tuesday through Saturday.
wiu712

The Voice now only has a print edition 4 days per week:  Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.
rocki

wiu712 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:52 am The Voice now only has a print edition 4 days per week:  Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.

Thanks for clarifying. Last I knew, there was nothing on the weekends, so sports reporting was kinda moot. Obviously, I don't subscribe any more.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

There is also the "Community News Brief" that published online editions on Monday and Wednesday, then a print edition on Fridays.
The best source I've found for area sports scores (like HS football and stuff) is WGEM. They have a scoreboard here powered by Scorestream: https://www.wgem.com/sports/scoreboard/

You can use Scorestream to follow individual schools or teams. For example, here's the recent games for various sports for Macomb High: https://scorestream.com/team/macomb-hig ... 5278/games
Or you can search for your local or hometown school to follow their sports results.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Tere North

wiu712 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:52 am The Voice now only has a print edition 4 days per week:  Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.

Wow. I get it online so I didn't know that. That's a huge gap between Sunday and Wednesday.

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Employees on campus who are on the building representatives mailing list received an email today that said...
Beginning September 18th at 1:00 PM parking lots 4 and 5 (immediately south of Browne Hall, and immediately north of Corbin Hall, respectively) will be offline until further notice. These lots typically serve Browne Hall, Sallee Hall, Memorial Hall, Simpkins Hall, and Corbin Residence Hall.

Please consult the Parking Services map, found at the following website http://www.wiu.edu/public_safety/parking/map.php to be sure you are parking in a lot appropriate to your most recent parking permit.

Parking for the Speech-Language Hearing Clinic, located in Memorial Hall will be moved to lot 12 south of Seal Hall. Faculty & Staff parking moved to lot C, which is the upper parking lot west of Corbin Hall. The lot labeled TEMPORARY C-LOT on the Parking Services map will now be allocated student parking and faculty parking.
I wonder what reason they might have for taking these two parking lots offline until further notice starting next week...hmmm...🤔

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

What happens to Browne Hall after PAC is built?  

Embrace the pace of the race.
Neckfansince71

Remains as part of the Fine Arts complex. ;)
 Jc
WIU0812

Not sure if it was added late or how I missed, but the PAC has officially made it on contract list of CDB.
 https://www2.illinois.gov/cdb/procureme ... wards.aspx

That basically means full speed ahead now that a contract is in place with contractor. 
WIU0812

Also, worth noting that it appears they didn't accept any of the alternate prices provided not sure what those were for though typically its for additional work or an upgraded product. I am sure that's because the main price was over budget.