XFL Football

Leathernecks playing at the next level.
Bball Fan

Are there any Leathernecks playing in this League ? Attended game in St. Louis yesterday and enjoyed it very much. Yes, is minor league football but guessing there will be some players picked up for NFL Camps.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Bball Fan wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:46 am Are there any Leathernecks playing in this League ? Attended game in St. Louis yesterday and enjoyed it very much. Yes, is minor league football but guessing there will be some players picked up for NFL Camps.
RB Steve McShane had a decent shot but got injured (here's a thread about that: https://www.leathernecknation.net/forum ... =13&t=2253). I don't think anyone else from Western is playing in the league though.

It is a fun league to watch. There's some changes they've made that the NFL would do well to consider incorporating that could make things better as well. I've been rooting for St. Louis, since they're the only team in the middle of the country. It's nice to see them doing well and the amount of fan support they're getting. St. Louis was pretty hungry for a football team.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
wiu712

The XFL has suspended play immediately -- effectively ending the 2020 season. The news comes towards the end of a hectic day -- and not just for sports, but for the entire globe.

According to a statement from the league, all players will be paid their base pay and benefits through the regular season.

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Doesn't sound like McShane is going to get his chance in the XFL. They're laying off most of their staff and suspending operations with no plans to return in 2021.
https://www.espn.com/xfl/story/_/id/290 ... eturn-2021

Disappointing because it seemed like they showed a lot of promise. I think they might have been able to make it work if not for the current situation with the coronavirus.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000