New Head Coach

Neckfansince71

I listened to her presser. Obviously Coach Jeter and team were very very involved in the Milwaukee community which I am sure equated to more interest and better attendance at games. I took a look at UWM's record since Jeter was fired and that seems to tell a tale also. The AD said no to other tournaments even though Coach Jeter's team was 5th and 20-13. Since that time, UWM basketball has been in deep do do! I think this is a good hire. ;) jc
vatusay

Yea, she seemed pretty smug. She cancelled Europe trip (funded completely by outside donors) and declined post season invites the year after NCAA academic violations against the program. Sounded like some kids stuck around for the sole reason to play for coach Jeter.
#ALLIN #YOLO
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

He's not even officially announced yet and already names are being tossed around for his coaching staff:

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
leatherneckcountry

ST_Lawson wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:20 am He's not even officially announced yet and already names are being tossed around for his coaching staff:

He’s also from Farmington Iowa coached at Indian Hills and played collegiate at Hannibal Lagrange. The only question is his wife is a very successful volleyball coach at Wisconsin whitewater she played collegiate at Iowa Wesleyan.
sealhall74

leatherneckcountry wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:36 am
ST_Lawson wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:20 am He's not even officially announced yet and already names are being tossed around for his coaching staff:

He’s also from Farmington Iowa coached at Indian Hills and played collegiate at Hannibal Lagrange. The only question is his wife is a very successful volleyball coach at Wisconsin whitewater she played collegiate at Iowa Wesleyan.
Very impressive roster he put together for a JUCO (size, some international flavor, etc.)

https://highland.edu/athletics/mens-basketball/
Embrace the pace of the race.
OldHare

It appears the Leathernecks hired a solid & experienced coach. The time in the Horizon indicates he is able to recruit. The P5 background should also be a big plus. This coach could easily take you to the middle of the conference before he totally brings in his own players. This is a plus for the conference.
Bball Fan

Looking forward to meeting Coach Jeter. Hopefully he gets all our returning starters other than Kobe to stay so makes the transition smooth and quicker back to respectability. Go Leathernecks !!!
HoosierNeck13

I'm hoping we can upgrade the schedule in the next few years...maybe bring a big school to Macomb :)
Western_101

HoosierNeck13 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:59 pm I'm hoping we can upgrade the schedule in the next few years...maybe bring a big school to Macomb :)
What? you mean to tell me you tire of a steady diet of Silver Lake and Trinity Trolls? Oak Hills Christian College not entertaining enough for you? :D :lol:
Necks2003

I have a feeling Kobe will deeply regret the decision to transfer. He is likely to get minimal playing time at Nebraska. Wish him well...but excited again about the future!