2020 Roster Changes

vatusay

meganeck wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:11 pm I see Kobe probably landing at a high major school.
Yep, that’s exactly what I think, also. Those schools will absolutely love his scoring ability and pure grit on the court. He’s a “gamer”.
#ALLIN #YOLO
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

meganeck wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:11 pm I see Kobe probably landing at a high major school.
Sounds like he's getting interest from Big 10 schools. I hope it works out well for him.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
meganeck

Kobe said he has already heard from Nebraska, Arkansas, Xavier, Temple Tulane and Wake Forest to name a few,
meganeck

Kyle Arrington has announced he is entering the transfer portal. Kinda surprising, but the best of luck to him wherever he lands.
vatusay

The athletic department better move quickly. New coach will have their hands full already. Need to get a head start on recruiting efforts.
#ALLIN #YOLO
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Zion Young and Ben Pyle have also entered the transfer portal.
At this rate, there may not be much of a basketball team left to coach.

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
vatusay

Oh no. This is spiraling out of control now.
#ALLIN #YOLO
sealhall74

Ouch. Our 3 best returnees are gone. Might have to go hard for JUCOs in the first 2 years just to be competitive in the conference.
IIRC, that is what MO did. You also might get lucky getting a couple of High Schoolers with decent talent as their chances of playing a
lot their first year are pretty good. Some kids just dont like to sit on the bench.
Embrace the pace of the race.
sealhall74

sealhall74 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:02 pm Ouch. Our 3 best returnees are gone. Might have to go hard for JUCOs in the first 2 years just to be competitive in the conference.
IIRC, that is what MO did. You also might get lucky getting a couple of High Schoolers with decent talent as their chances of playing a
lot their first year are pretty good. Some kids just dont like to sit on the bench.

Losing Pyle really sucks. He is a Larry Bird playalike and with a few pound of muscle, could be a John Konchar force in the league.
Embrace the pace of the race.
leatherneckcountry

It’s important to remember just cause someone puts there name in doesn’t necessarily mean there gone if they decide that they like whoever the new coach is they may decide to stay. Kobe is the only one that I would say is for sure gone.