Marching Leathernecks going to Hawaii

General Campus News, Updates, Discussion
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Just found out that the Marching Leathernecks are going to be representing the state of Illinois this December at the Pearl Harbor Memorial parade in Hawaii. I don't really know anything more than that, but it's a pretty cool opportunity for the marching band and the school.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Tere North

ST_Lawson wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:10 pm Just found out that the Marching Leathernecks are going to be representing the state of Illinois this December at the Pearl Harbor Memorial parade in Hawaii. I don't really know anything more than that, but it's a pretty cool opportunity for the marching band and the school.
If, Deceomber allows the event to happen.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Tere North wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:35 pm
ST_Lawson wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:10 pm Just found out that the Marching Leathernecks are going to be representing the state of Illinois this December at the Pearl Harbor Memorial parade in Hawaii. I don't really know anything more than that, but it's a pretty cool opportunity for the marching band and the school.
If, Deceomber allows the event to happen.
Correct...we'll see how things are in the fall. Traveling for something like that still may not be "do-able" at that point. Hopefully they can make it happen safely.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000