OVC Expansion

Athletics Department, Facilities, etc.
may know

leatherneckcountry wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:36 am
Good article. She’s keeping her cards close to the vest.
Western_101

Admittedly not a huge fan of the "Letherneck Country" . For those that care I am no longer on those meds!

I like a lot of Leatherneck Country's (LC) content.
Western_101

I hope to Jesus Christ. That our current AD doesn't F*** it up like we did in 1994 ( I'm looking at you Dr. Smiley)

We are a charter member yes. We have no say. Things change.

OVC is an 80 year old league, we get instant rivals. Also in Football, we can have a rotation of H & H with ISU,MSU,SIU,UNI.

Call me an old timer, I have zero interest in Dakota schools. Yes I know every ounce of Oil money goes to the Bison. Kidding (not kidding).
Sycamorefan96

Any new word on the street about the OVC? I guess our AD at ISU completely dismissed the idea of going to the OVC for football when asked about it by our beat writer. The MVFC commissioner Patty Viverito said she didn't think this current FCS realignment would impact the MVFC. She compared it to the SEC getting poached. Not sure if she realizes that WIU would want to be in the OVC to help with travel and that the MVFC is not an all sports conference.
wiu712

Could Western Illinois be a target for the Ohio Valley Conference ???
From The Forum of Fargo-Moorhead:
https://www.inforum.com/bison-media-zon ... s-official

With two members leaving, the Ohio Valley Conference searches for answers.
From Prairie State Pigskin:
http://www.chicagonow.com/prairie-state ... r-answers/
sealhall74

One thing is for sure. Upgrading Hanson to OVC-comparable quality would be far cheaper than keeping up with the Joneses in the MVFC.
Embrace the pace of the race.
WIU2DC

Rumor is Austin Peay is leaving the OVC for the ASUN. I have a feeling OVC is gonna come calling sooner rather than later. I’d be totally on board with the move if Illinois State and SIU came with. Get all the Illinois FCS teams in one conference would be cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

WIU2DC wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:44 pm Rumor is Austin Peay is leaving the OVC for the ASUN. I have a feeling OVC is gonna come calling sooner rather than later. I’d be totally on board with the move if Illinois State and SIU came with. Get all the Illinois FCS teams in one conference would be cool.

I mentioned it over in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2547
But both places are relevant to the discussion.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Neckfansince71

Going to come knocking or has already knocked?  I think there has already been a very serious discussion in this regard. jc  ;)
 jc
may know

WIU2DC wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:44 pm Rumor is Austin Peay is leaving the OVC for the ASUN. I have a feeling OVC is gonna come calling sooner rather than later. I’d be totally on board with the move if Illinois State and SIU came with. Get all the Illinois FCS teams in one conference would be cool.

There is 0% possibility ISU and SIU are moving from the MVC to the OVC. Not even 0.1%. It's straight up 0.0%.

I think it's only a matter of months before it's announced we are moving to the OVC.