vs Central Michigan

leatherneckcountry

Been a long time since we had two post to throw it to and have good things happen. If watson can develop a jumper he's going to be a hell of a player.
sealhall74

Damn, thiose Vegas dudes know basketball.
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

Central Michigan won the game 79-73. Western was out-scored 48-35 in the second half.

Tamell Pearson led the Western scoring with 22 points. Rod Johnson had 15. Colton Sandage had 13. Will Carius had 11.

Western had a free throw advantage: Western shot 26 and made 14. Central Michigan shot 12 and made 9.

Next game will be Wednesday (Dec 9) at Miami-Ohio. Game time is 5:30 PM. The game will be on ESPN+.
leathernecks1

sealhall74 wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:35 pm We might be playing ok, just hard to watch and listen and process. Almost need to keep your own score and time clock. lol
I was thinking the same thing. A very embarrassing live stream for a Division 1 institution. No audio, no score, and no clock is bad. At the very least, can we get the videographer to at least show the scoreboard during timeouts? Glad I didn't pay for that garbage!
leatherneckcountry

leathernecks1 wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:32 pm
sealhall74 wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:35 pm We might be playing ok, just hard to watch and listen and process. Almost need to keep your own score and time clock. lol
I was thinking the same thing. A very embarrassing live stream for a Division 1 institution. No audio, no score, and no clock is bad. At the very least, can we get the videographer to at least show the scoreboard during timeouts? Glad I didn't pay for that garbage!
The score was under the video but you couldn't see it in full screen mode.
sealhall74

leatherneckcountry wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:39 pm
leathernecks1 wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:32 pm
The score was under the video but you couldn't see it in full screen mode.
I think that score and clock time were from the stat feed so even it was "behind the times". Clock definitely was not ticking away in real time.
sealhall74

We deal with this video issue every year. Sometime soon, after they locate the little statically-placed camera which captures the clock video from the main scoreboard, all will be well. LOL

Actually, we got a new Daktronics scoreboard last year so that little extra camera should not be needed. Maybe now, it is a simple matter of locating the right cable.
wiu712

I have to give low marks for the Audio and Video production of today's game. Is this the best that we can expect ?????

The Video did not have announcers. And you only could see the score and time-remaining if you minimized the screen.

The Audio did a few technical glitches at times. The pre-game show was limited in content. And the post-game show did not have the usual Coach's Comments.

The Audio is only available via the internet. No local radio.

And the university is only doing Audio of Home games this year.

The university owns & operates two radio stations. Eastern Illinois University broadcasts their games (Home and Away) on their radio station, WEIU-FM.
sealhall74

wiu712 wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:25 pm I have to give low marks for the Audio and Video production of today's game. Is this the best that we can expect ?????

The Video did not have announcers. And you only could see the score and time-remaining if you minimized the screen.

The Audio did a few technical glitches at times. The pre-game show was limited in content. And the post-game show did not have the usual Coach's Comments.

The Audio is only available via the internet. No local radio.

And the university is only doing Audio of Home games this year.

The university owns & operates two radio stations. Eastern Illinois University broadcasts their games (Home and Away) on their radio station, WEIU-FM.
On the plus side, I thought Cam Thomas did a respectable job as the radio voice. If we can merge and sync the video and audio streams, get some real time graphics on the video, all will be well enough for me.
wiu712

sealhall74 wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:28 amI thought Cam Thomas did a respectable job as the radio voice. If we can merge and sync the video and audio streams, get some real time graphics on the video, all will be well enough for me.
He did have one minor slip-up when he said "MAKE-um" instead of "Macomb". But he quickly corrected himself. :lol: :lol:

Cam Thomas is from Webster Groves, Missouri.