Spring 2021 - Week 4 - vs North Dakota

letsgonecks

rocki wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:36 pm
WIU2DC wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:14 pm That offense lineman was at our 5 yard line on that screen. Why are we the only ones getting flagged?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good question. I've been wondering about several of the third down conversions as well. It could just be the camera angle, but a lot of ones they've said ND has converted looked short to me. Thought there was a ND offsides this last set of downs, that didn't get called, too. Oh well. Looks like the O line is starting to step up - glad to see that. Now if Sampson wouldn't overthrow everyone.................
You're not the only one questioning the spots. A few seemed like they were going to be close and need a measure, but put well past yard to gain.
rocki

letsgonecks wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:47 pm
rocki wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:36 pm
WIU2DC wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:14 pm That offense lineman was at our 5 yard line on that screen. Why are we the only ones getting flagged?

Good question. I've been wondering about several of the third down conversions as well. It could just be the camera angle, but a lot of ones they've said ND has converted looked short to me. Thought there was a ND offsides this last set of downs, that didn't get called, too. Oh well. Looks like the O line is starting to step up - glad to see that. Now if Sampson wouldn't overthrow everyone.................
You're not the only one questioning the spots. A few seemed like they were going to be close and need a measure, but put well past yard to gain.
Thank heaven!!! I was starting to question my sanity.
rocki

At this point we have nothing to lose. Give Ogala a shot.
WIU2DC

I’m surprised that we are starting a few of the freshman at RB and such. We trying to get the underclassmen reps since it’s unlikely more than 2 teams make the playoffs from MVFC? We’re they are focusing on the fall season?

sealhall74

Sometimes I think our receiver have no clue where the first down marker is. smh
Embrace the pace of the race.
WIU2DC

FINALLY THEY CALLED UND FOR HOLDING! Every drive I can see it on TV in Washington DC! Come on!

rocki

I'm just going to start looking at this as a practice season - it's less painful that way.
WIU2DC

How did they not take a look at that play? Man, these refs really are crap today. Even if UND ends up winning by 40 today, they are not a good team to compete for any title. I can say that knowing we aren’t either. Idk how they beat SDSU the other week. Not impressed by them at #3.

WIU2DC

rocki wrote:I'm just going to start looking at this as a practice season - it's less painful that way.
Yeah, our Oline has played well today and our specialty players can ball... we need to bench Sampson. Is Olga that bad? Also, our DL doesn’t seem to have a runner stopper like we’ve had the past two seasons, however they’re always on the field so that doesn’t help either.

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

WIU2DC wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:15 pm
rocki wrote:I'm just going to start looking at this as a practice season - it's less painful that way.
Yeah, our Oline has played well today and our specialty players can ball... we need to bench Sampson. Is Olga that bad? Also, our DL doesn’t seem to have a runner stopper like we’ve had the past two seasons, however they’re always on the field so that doesn’t help either.
Hard to stay competitive when TOP looks like this:
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000