Spring 2021 - Week 5 - at Illinois State

rocki

Once again, we are horrendous. I feel like we have some good personnel, but they are not getting the right plays to show it. Still would like to see if Ogala can read the field better than Sampson.
letsgonecks

Sampson has to be pulled, his inability to move his feet hurts us so much. Yeah, some pressure, but he can't do anything.

After the pick and first down, there's no one open and not much pressure. Instead of moving and making a play, he forces the ball the RB and could have been picked.

Then 2 bad pass that most QBs can make. Ogala and the Canadian kid can probably make most the reads and throws Sampson can, but have mobility. That alone should give them an advantage.
sealhall74

Tough to watch. I would move the pocket around once in a while. They batting too many balls down.
Embrace the pace of the race.
WIU2DC

PULL SAMPSON!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rocki

letsgonecks wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:14 pm Sampson has to be pulled, his inability to move his feet hurts us so much. Yeah, some pressure, but he can't do anything.

After the pick and first down, there's no one open and not much pressure. Instead of moving and making a play, he forces the ball the RB and could have been picked.

Then 2 bad pass that most QBs can make. Ogala and the Canadian kid can probably make most the reads and throws Sampson can, but have mobility. That alone should give them an advantage.
Agreed. So why won't coach give either one of them a shot? Even looking at this as a throw-away season, they need game experience, too.
sealhall74

There is also something to be said for just trying to get better at running the ball (two back sets, etc.) instead of just abandoning it.
Embrace the pace of the race.
meganeck

i just got home and I look on Twitter and the first tweet I see is something saying the defense is showing out today and I see we are losing 14-3 smh
letsgonecks

If they don't make a change, Elliott has no idea what he's doing. Connor isn't even making the right reads. Last 3rd down is knocked down, but not even the open man, but like the announcers even see he looks at 1 guy only.

Wasnt going to bitch first drive when he missed wide open Brunner on 3rd, who had room to run, but he is not good. Haven't seen anything special about him that any other QB on the roster couldn't do.
rocki

sealhall74 wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:32 pm There is also something to be said for just trying to get better at running the ball (two back sets, etc.) instead of just abandoning it.
True. Use this "season" as a field test and try out all the stuff you wouldn't try in the regular season. Heck, we've got nothing to lose. At least SHOW you're trying to develop instead of just mouthing it every week on the coach's show. Lord knows we need to keep all the quality we can for fall - not give them a reason to transfer out.
wiu712

At halftime, Western has 7 yards Rushing.

Western is 0 for 9 on third downs.

Time of Possession: Illinois State = 20:24. Western = 9:36.