Fire Coach Elliott

wiu712

letsgonecks

Wish Elliott the best and wish he could have left a winner and climbing the ranks, but not the case.

Seems like a good person and we know it's not easy to win in Macomb and in the Valley, but way too many losses and bad ones at that.

Fingers crossed we find someone who has the formula to turn things around and quickly.  Won't be easy, but can be done.

rocki

letsgonecks wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:53 pm Wish Elliott the best and wish he could have left a winner and climbing the ranks, but not the case.

Seems like a good person and we know it's not easy to win in Macomb and in the Valley, but way too many losses and bad ones at that.

Fingers crossed we find someone who has the formula to turn things around and quickly.  Won't be easy, but can be done.

Absolutely. I don't think anyone on here wishes him ill. He seems like a really nice guy with a nice family, and I do believe he cared a lot for the team. With that said, it just wasn't the right type of leadership we obviously need. Best of luck to him in the future, and hoping to find the next highly successful WIU Leatherneck football coach.
vatusay

Same thing I said with coach Wright. Never want to see someone have to uproot their family. The fit just wasn’t right. Wish coach Elliot all the success in the future. 
#ALLIN #YOLO
LeatherCy

Speaking of the "right kind of leadership"... what has our AD done to earn to continue as our AD besides hire Coach Jeter? Never been impressed with her "leadership" from the beginning. Latest example was when Coach Westen passed away the family had two former FB coaches reach out to them. They heard nothing from our AD or Athletic Dept!!

meganeck

LeatherCy wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:33 pm Speaking of the "right kind of leadership"... what has our AD done to earn to continue as our AD besides hire Coach Jeter? Never been impressed with her "leadership" from the beginning. Latest example was when Coach Westen passed away the family had two former FB coaches reach out to them. They heard nothing from our AD or Athletic Dept!!

Yeah, that is not a good look.. I have asked this question also about her, you never hear from her. I do have to give her credit she seems to have made some good head coaching hires. Obviously Jeter looks like a home run. I think she hired good ones for baseball and softball. The new track/cross country coach seems to have a good resume. It remains to be seen how he does though. This will be a big hire, need to get it right. Elliot just didn't have enough experience when he was hired.
rocki

LeatherCy wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:33 pm Speaking of the "right kind of leadership"... what has our AD done to earn to continue as our AD besides hire Coach Jeter? Never been impressed with her "leadership" from the beginning. Latest example was when Coach Westen passed away the family had two former FB coaches reach out to them. They heard nothing from our AD or Athletic Dept!!

What do you propose as a solution? I'm not saying you're wrong, but how do we get changes made? Someone else made the suggestion that there are football donations to be had IF we replace the AD. If that's not enough to get it done, what is?

Western_101

I suspect specifically with the football alumni base it comes down to the following:

1) Not believing in the future or vitality as an institution as a whole. 
2) Not being kept in the loop or feeling  connected since departing.
3) A general sense of not being recognized for contributions on THEIR END when they where putting it on the line.
4) Feeling Western is small time (not wrong) y'all need to come courting me! not the other way around.

I'm just putting out my initial thoughts, were I to put myself in the shoes of some of our very successful alumni. I'm just saying a letter or a call can help.

WIU2DC

Any chance Seubert applies? Looks like he coached high school football but would be cool if he came back to macomb to coach. Also, looks like Elliot offered his son a scholarship before he wasn’t let go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Western_101

May be a bit late but my apologies to Coach Elliott for the incorrect spelling of his name with the thread title. I wasn't able to correct it. It got enough traction that the moderator left it as be, as he has not previously edited spelling or grammar.

Mr. Elliott I wish you and your family the best life has to offer.