Let's talk Football

bigdogdadjr

I'll take on Question #2 going into this season:

1) Offensive Line - The running game is definitely a combination of performance of the OL and RB. Think about this... had Clint Ratkovich stayed and played this past spring, don't you think he would have improved our running game - even behind an inexperienced OL? I certainly do. He's up at NIU now for this fall. Did you happen to see NIU play last year? BAD all around. But I believe he will be an improvement for their offense regardless of their line due to his talent.

Scratched my head on a previous comment that stated our OL didn't do our QB any favors this year. WHAT? Is this the same pocket passing QB who put up gaudy passing numbers all year? #1 MVFC, #8 in nation, Second Team All-MVFC. Yes, we had to pass because we had to but give the OL some credit for these stats.

Going into the fall, I believe our OL will be set at C and RT. LT is the biggest question mark. Unless we can plug in a transfer kid with experience, is actually good and can help, I'm worried about our left side as the new kids brought in just won't be ready yet. Maybe someone can step up and surprise us.

2) Defense - Will we be able stop anybody consistently as a unit? Looking forward to seeing improvement all around.