Fall 2021 - Week 3 - vs Eastern Washington

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:20 am
ST_Lawson wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:02 am
sealhall74 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:23 am Question.  I know the Union food shops are available but can I indulge in a pre-game meal at one of the residence hall cafeterias?

It looks like both Thompson Hall and Corbin-Olson dining centers do brunch on Saturdays from 11 AM to 1:30 PM (and dinner from 5:15 to 6:30). I have heard that anyone can stop by and eat there, but if you want to be sure, you can ask Sodexo Campus Services here: http://www.wiu.edu/student_services/din ... /index.php

None of the places in the union are open on Saturdays though (their hours are here: www.wiu.edu/student_services/dining/Locations/union.php)

Not open on the weekend, Is that a new covid thing?  Never was like that in my memory.  Also, no re-entry to Hanson during the game - that is a head-scratcher too.  Going to Union at half-time to take a leak or whatever was always on my agenda. 

I seem to remember people complaining about places in the union not being open on the weekend prior to COVID, so I don't think it has anything to do with that. It's more just a matter of demand and staffing levels, I'd imagine. It would be nice to have at least one option available on Saturdays when there's a football game though, so feel free to voice your opinion on that using that same feedback/question form. The people who receive the submission should be able to make that decision or send it along to the people who do.

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
leatherneckcountry

ST_Lawson wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:24 am
sealhall74 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:20 am
ST_Lawson wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:02 am
It looks like both Thompson Hall and Corbin-Olson dining centers do brunch on Saturdays from 11 AM to 1:30 PM (and dinner from 5:15 to 6:30). I have heard that anyone can stop by and eat there, but if you want to be sure, you can ask Sodexo Campus Services here: http://www.wiu.edu/student_services/din ... /index.php

None of the places in the union are open on Saturdays though (their hours are here: www.wiu.edu/student_services/dining/Locations/union.php)

Not open on the weekend, Is that a new covid thing?  Never was like that in my memory.  Also, no re-entry to Hanson during the game - that is a head-scratcher too.  Going to Union at half-time to take a leak or whatever was always on my agenda. 

I seem to remember people complaining about places in the union not being open on the weekend prior to COVID, so I don't think it has anything to do with that. It's more just a matter of demand and staffing levels, I'd imagine. It would be nice to have at least one option available on Saturdays when there's a football game though, so feel free to voice your opinion on that using that same feedback/question form. The people who receive the submission should be able to make that decision or send it along to the people who do.

I know Burger King was open and I think einsteins was open during at least homecoming 
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
letsgonecks

Hoping some home cooking is what these boys need to get a huge W.  Not holding my breathe as this is a great team, but not completely impossible.

A win, could completely change the outlook of this season, so here's to a huge day and seeing the win in person.
sealhall74

Just curious.  I see they are getting in to MLI about 4pm.  What is the usual hunkering down hotel for teams flying in to MLI?  I know a team or two in past years have stayed at one of the Galesburg hotels (Best Western Inn and Conference Center) as it a little closer to Macomb.  I think some might have been using the PZAZZ in Burlington as well.  

Embrace the pace of the race.
sealhall74

Gvdad said shootout. Nailed it. At least for 1 qtr. Man, our D is porous.
Embrace the pace of the race.
WIU2DC

Looks like Elliot wants to run the jet sweep every 5 plays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WIU2DC

Jesus, why are they running so many jet sweeps? It worked once!

leatherneckcountry

So we gain 5 yards at least on every jet sweep so we stop running it so Sampson can try to pad his stats you don’t see them stopping what they had success with.
WIU2DC

leatherneckcountry wrote:So we gain 5 yards at least on every jet sweep so we stop running it so Sampson can try to pad his stats you don’t see them stopping what they had success with.
They’re having success on everything and scoring touchdowns. We are gaining 5 yards and stalling on every drive.