2022 Recruits

Mheller

Leatherneck57 wrote:The offers are starting to come now.  Campus visits start tomorrow.  Dead period ends today!

Film on Rasheed Lovelace…
http://www.hudl.com/v/2GZ0hm
Nice! Hope both of these young men commit and come to Western!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GV Dad

There are 3 types of FCS programs. 1) Recruiting Schools 2) Development Schools  3) Recruit and Develop schools.  A recruiting school relies on bringing players to their school that are ready to plugin and contribute.  Kids that started at that school out of HS are maybe 50% of the starting lineup.  Development schools take their HS recruits, maybe some JUCOs, and Coach them up to become starters.  These developed kids account for approx 90% of the starting lineup.  Then you have the schools that do both HS recruiting and attracting transfers to fill "needs".  For these schools, HS recruits are are approx 70-75% of the roster.  These ae the NDSU, James Madisons of the world.  With the portal exploding the way it is this year, I think those percentages will decrease for all teams.  

Under Elliott, we were definitely a recruiting school.  If kids were developed, it was almost by accident.  The staff was good though at getting transfers.  I'll give them that.  Lot's of successful transfer kids in the last couple years.  Under Coach Hen, I think we will be much more of a development school.  And with the environment we are in today, there is a TON of HS talent out there that is getting slept on.  The top FBS kids are still be recruited, but the kids that would be in the MAC, the Mountain West, AAC, you're going to see a lot of those kids looking for homes.  This is because there are so many Power 5, or top FCS kids in the portal looking for homes.  I think we're going to see a couple of solid HS classes for WIU in '22 and '23.  
leatherneckcountry

Looks like Myers has some recruits at the Women’s game I hope they enjoy snow 
GV Dad

leatherneckcountry wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:50 pm Looks like Myers has some recruits at the Women’s game I hope they enjoy snow 

I was thinking that too!  Hopefully none of the kids are from TX!  LOL

rocki

GV wrote:Thu Jan 01, 1970 3:53 am There are 3 types of FCS programs. 1) Recruiting Schools 2) Development Schools  3) Recruit and Develop schools.  A recruiting school relies on bringing players to their school that are ready to plugin and contribute.  Kids that started at that school out of HS are maybe 50% of the starting lineup.  Development schools take their HS recruits, maybe some JUCOs, and Coach them up to become starters.  These developed kids account for approx 90% of the starting lineup.  Then you have the schools that do both HS recruiting and attracting transfers to fill "needs".  For these schools, HS recruits are are approx 70-75% of the roster.  These ae the NDSU, James Madisons of the world.  With the portal exploding the way it is this year, I think those percentages will decrease for all teams.  

Under Elliott, we were definitely a recruiting school.  If kids were developed, it was almost by accident.  The staff was good though at getting transfers.  I'll give them that.  Lot's of successful transfer kids in the last couple years.  Under Coach Hen, I think we will be much more of a development school.  And with the environment we are in today, there is a TON of HS talent out there that is getting slept on.  The top FBS kids are still be recruited, but the kids that would be in the MAC, the Mountain West, AAC, you're going to see a lot of those kids looking for homes.  This is because there are so many Power 5, or top FCS kids in the portal looking for homes.  I think we're going to see a couple of solid HS classes for WIU in '22 and '23.  

I like the idea of being more of a development program. I can see where transfers have their place, but bringing a team up together has got to add an extra dimension to their ability to play (and play well) and work with each other.

GV Dad

Totally agree!  Transfers should be to fill needs that you couldn't address with development, or to add depth if some of your young players just aren't ready yet.  
GV Dad

leatherneckcountry wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:50 pm Looks like Myers has some recruits at the Women’s game I hope they enjoy snow 

The snow may actually be a good excuse to use as to why there aren't more fans at the game! 
L'Étranger

GV Dad

L'Étranger wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:42 pm

I like the hashtag!
GV Dad

This would be a HUGE get!  An FCS version of Cam Newton!  If you are on Twitter, give this kid a like, follow and retweet!