Fall 2021 - Week 4 - at Youngstown State

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

meganeck wrote:Great win, proud of the the team to fight back and get the W, very easily could have packed in after being down 35-7

We may not be a top-half of the conference team right now, but we’re never going to give up or quit. The team has a lot of grit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
GV Dad

Stop by our tailgate next Saturday, I’ll grill up some fresh crow for a few of you! 😂  

WIU2DC

GV Dad wrote:Stop by our tailgate next Saturday, I’ll grill up some fresh crow for a few of you! Image  

Image. Touché!

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

GV Dad wrote:Stop by our tailgate next Saturday, I’ll grill up some fresh crow for a few of you! Image  

No crow for me, thanks.
ST_Lawson wrote:I think that this will be a high scoring game...not at the level of our game last weekend though, because YSU is going to get a lot of their yardage on the ground and are less likely to be throwing down 70+ yard TD passes. If we are able to slow them down more than we slowed down Eastern Washington, I think we could see something resembling a 42-38 Leatherneck victory.
I’ll be busy with alumni band next weekend, but I need to stop by your tailgate at some point this season, if only to just say hi.

GV Dad

Yes you do!  All of you guys are welcome, would love place a name and fave to a screen name! 
wiu712

Check this out ...

Our 28-point comeback win is officially the highest mark in Missouri Valley Football history !!

Previous record was 23 points.

wiu712

Leathernecks rally past Youngstown State !
From the McDonough County Voice:
https://www.mcdonoughvoice.com/story/sp ... 872093001/

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

wiu712 wrote:Check this out ...

Our 28-point comeback win is officially the highest mark in Missouri Valley Football history !!

Previous record was 23 points.
This was the previous best from for Western (from the official recruit book):
DOWN 23 IN 3RD QUARTER
Sept. 17, 1988 (Western Illinois 35, Missouri State 31) Western scored 27 unanswered points in the final 16 minutes to erase a 31-8 third-quarter deficit, including three touchdowns in the fourth quarter and the game- winner with 1:11 remaining. It was called Western’s greatest comeback ever.

wiu712

YSU blows 28-point lead, falls to WIU, 38-35.
From the Youngstown Vindicator:
https://www.vindy.com/sports/2021/09/ys ... wiu-38-35/

bigdogdadjr

ST_Lawson wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:16 pm
meganeck wrote:Great win, proud of the the team to fight back and get the W, very easily could have packed in after being down 35-7

We may not be a top-half of the conference team right now, but we’re never going to give up or quit. The team has a lot of grit.

I totally agree with Scott.  To all the constant naysayer's out there - we all know what we have, a inconsistent young team that needs to grow and improve.  We have what we have and those that care have shown flashes that they can step up and perform.  Let the boy's celebrate this one, I know I will regardless.  GV - I'll help you man the grill.