Fall 2021 - Week 5 - vs Southern Illinois (Homecoming)

leatherneckcountry

Pathetic Mr Cool should have had the stop but he tried to be cool instead of finishing the play.
vatusay

Able to watch this week. 

no pressure from front four

Defense can’t tackle. 

SIU getting pressure with three guys rushing lol. 

pretty pathetic. 

they are lucky their stud WR is hurt.  

#ALLIN #YOLO
vatusay

vatusay wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:55 pm Able to watch this week. 

no pressure from front four

Defense can’t tackle. 

SIU getting pressure with three guys rushing lol. 

pretty pathetic. 

they are lucky their stud WR is hurt.  

Lol
#ALLIN #YOLO
WIU2DC

What a game. Wow. Great fight guys. Loved the call to go for the win… play call was suspect though.

Happy for the heart our team keeps showing but heart broken they got so close again and didn’t get the W.

Proud to be a leatherneck today. Go necks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
meganeck

WIU2DC wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:27 pm What a game. Wow. Great fight guys. Loved the call to go for the win… play call was suspect though.

Happy for the heart our team keeps showing but heart broken they got so close again and didn’t get the W.

I wonder what people think about going for the win, I probably wouldn't have, but then again, really nothing to lose. I agree the 2pt play seemed suspect.
leatherneckcountry

meganeck wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:45 pm
WIU2DC wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:27 pm What a game. Wow. Great fight guys. Loved the call to go for the win… play call was suspect though.

I wonder what people think about going for the win, I probably wouldn't have, but then again, really nothing to lose. I agree the 2pt play seemed suspect.

I was up there screaming at the top of my lungs go for but I agree I didn’t really like the play call
rocki

Impressed by the fight the team showed. Disappointed that the coach cost them the game by choosing poorly on the play call.
vatusay

Love going for the W. 

Absolutely have to do better with that play call. 
#ALLIN #YOLO
wiu712

The radio guys on WILP, 98.1 FM (R.J. Larson and Tom Cody) were not critical of the 2-point conversion play call.

Western had 321 Total Yards:  225 Passing and 96 Rushing.

14 Western penalties.

Attendance at Hanson Field = 4,107

Western falls one play short vs. Southern.
From the McDonough County Voice:
https://www.mcdonoughvoice.com/story/sp ... 976450001/

letsgonecks

Was yelling go for 2 and yelling when it wasn't even close.  Watched it again and 6 made a great read and play. 

If Connor actually fakes the give and puts it in Ludo's belly, 6 continues to crash down another step or 2 and wouldn't make the play.  Houston likely doesn't have contact until close to the goal line.

Little things and execution are what puts teams at the top. Not just this play, but SIU's first 2 drives getting points, when we should have made stops and forced FGs or them to go for it on 4th.

Really good things by this team, love these guys and the fact they never give up, but moral victories don't count in the standings or when deciding to keep a coach.