Fall 2021 - Week 5 - vs Southern Illinois (Homecoming)

GV Dad

Not sure what went in to decision to run it left vs right.  I will say though, that's a "he's open or not" play, so the degree of difficulty left v right shouldn't matter that much.  I was 50/50 with the call to go for 2.  Not my choice, but I don't completely disagree.  Wasn't a fan of the play call.  You take Conner completely out of the play, and turn your best receiver into a QB.  We've had success on the goal line all year flooding one side and slipping a receiver out the backside.  

I love the fight in this team.  I still feel like we have at least 3-4 wins left in us this year.  Schedule has just been brutal.  Wish we had a time machine to go back and fire Tanney 4 years ago, before he left us with this Gauntlet.  
sealhall74

Schedule has been tough, but I think it is paying off the way it should, with big very noticeable improvements from week to week.  If the guys continue to believe, yep, we got a few more wins coming.

Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

The Two-Point Try:

GV Dad

Looking at some Stats from Saturday. Our Defense really stepped up!  SIU is averaging 158 yds rushing on the season, we gave up 51!  We are the only team besides K State (23) to hold them under 30 in regulation. 5 sacks and 2 picks including a pick 6. Hopefully we found something and this will be the D we see the rest of the year!