2022 Roster Changes

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

D-Lineman Tristan Pfeiffer has made the decision to retire from football due to medical reasons.

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
letsgonecks

ST_Lawson wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:18 pm D-Lineman Tristan Pfeiffer has made the decision to retire from football due to medical reasons.

Best of luck to Tristan and his future.  Never met him, but seemed like a very high character individual and would bet he has a bright future.

Feel bad he wasn't able to finish his last year and be part of the turnaround.

Thanks for your time and effort as a Leatherneck!!!!

GV Dad

It was a difficult decision for Tristan, but after the 5th injury to the same knee the Dr made it an easy one.  Coach Hen is going to put T to work as a Defensive Asst for the rest of this season, so he can finish out his 5th year as part of the team.  You may have seen him sending in Defense signals on the sideline at Martin.  Coach Hen has already become a great mentor and our family is extremely grateful!  
rocki

GV wrote:Thu Jan 01, 1970 4:21 am It was a difficult decision for Tristan, but after the 5th injury to the same knee the Dr made it an easy one.  Coach Hen is going to put T to work as a Defensive Asst for the rest of this season, so he can finish out his 5th year as part of the team.  You may have seen him sending in Defense signals on the sideline at Martin.  Coach Hen has already become a great mentor and our family is extremely grateful!  

I really, really, really like this. I'm sure having to forgo his final season of football was a bitter pill for Tristan, but am truly glad he is putting his health and well being first. Especially glad that the coach is using him as a defensive assistant so he gets to finish his career with the team. He sounds like a wonderful person to be leading these young men into the future.
GV Dad

rocki wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:55 pm
GV wrote:Thu Jan 01, 1970 4:21 am It was a difficult decision for Tristan, but after the 5th injury to the same knee the Dr made it an easy one.  Coach Hen is going to put T to work as a Defensive Asst for the rest of this season, so he can finish out his 5th year as part of the team.  You may have seen him sending in Defense signals on the sideline at Martin.  Coach Hen has already become a great mentor and our family is extremely grateful!  

I really, really, really like this. I'm sure having to forgo his final season of football was a bitter pill for Tristan, but am truly glad he is putting his health and well being first. Especially glad that the coach is using him as a defensive assistant so he gets to finish his career with the team. He sounds like a wonderful person to be leading these young men into the future.

Thanks Rocki.  It's been tough on him at times, but he's actually pretty excited to start his Coaching career.  Hoping to get a GA spot after this season.  
WIU2DC

GV Dad wrote:It was a difficult decision for Tristan, but after the 5th injury to the same knee the Dr made it an easy one.  Coach Hen is going to put T to work as a Defensive Asst for the rest of this season, so he can finish out his 5th year as part of the team.  You may have seen him sending in Defense signals on the sideline at Martin.  Coach Hen has already become a great mentor and our family is extremely grateful!  
Sorry to hear this! But glad he is able to start his coaching career!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PoundTheRock

A sad situation for sure but so great to hear how the player and the coaches responded to this!!!
rocki

GV wrote:Thu Jan 01, 1970 4:21 am

Thanks Rocki.  It's been tough on him at times, but he's actually pretty excited to start his Coaching career.  Hoping to get a GA spot after this season.  

All the best to him!!!! He will be a wonderful coach. I'm sure this experience will add an extra dimension to his coaching career as far as looking out for kids who are playing for him. Is he looking to get his grad degree here, or somewhere different? Wherever it is, he will be a blessing to their program.

GV Dad

rocki wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:22 pm

All the best to him!!!! He will be a wonderful coach. I'm sure this experience will add an extra dimension to his coaching career as far as looking out for kids who are playing for him. Is he looking to get his grad degree here, or somewhere different? Wherever it is, he will be a blessing to their program.

He's hoping to earn a GA role at WIU.  He bleeds Purple and Gold. 
rocki

rocki wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:22 pm

He's hoping to earn a GA role at WIU.  He bleeds Purple and Gold. 

Fantastic!!!!! I'll be cheering for him!!!