2022 Roster Changes

WIU2DC

Why are they entering so late? Doesn’t spring ball start soon for most schools?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GV Dad

WIU2DC wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:52 pm

Most of them wanted their Spring semester paid for, but didn't want to risk being injured, or doing the work in my opinion, in Spring ball.  
WIU2DC

WIU2DC

GV Dad wrote:

Most of them wanted their Spring semester paid for, but didn't want to risk being injured, or doing the work in my opinion, in Spring ball.  
Gotcha. Some big names dropping bombs the last 48 hours.

L'Étranger

WIU2DC wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:03 pm
GV wrote:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatal

These seem to be guys who're graduating in May or maybe have in December...guys who can be cut loose without damaging the APR. Willing to bet they didn't jump into the pool. Pretty sure they were pushed.

If your kid falls in that group, well...watch out. Hen is goign scorched earth with the Hen house. You hate to see it but it happens just about every time there's a HC change to one degree or another. He's making room for 'his' guys. Totally within his and any other HC's prerogative. 

Best of luck, fellas. Appreciate all you did for the team.

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

L'Étranger wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:28 pm These seem to be guys who're graduating in May or maybe have in December...guys who can be cut loose without damaging the APR. Willing to bet they didn't jump into the pool. Pretty sure they were pushed.

If your kid falls in that group, well...watch out. Hen is goign scorched earth with the Hen house. You hate to see it but it happens just about every time there's a HC change to one degree or another. He's making room for 'his' guys. Totally within his and any other HC's prerogative. 

I know it's just part of the game at this point, but it always makes me kinda sad (and a little bit worried) when I see a large number of guys all leaving a program at once, especially when it's starters and other guys who's names that you know and are familiar with.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
WIU2DC

ST_Lawson wrote:
L'Étranger wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:28 pm These seem to be guys who're graduating in May or maybe have in December...guys who can be cut loose without damaging the APR. Willing to bet they didn't jump into the pool. Pretty sure they were pushed.

I know it's just part of the game at this point, but it always makes me kinda sad (and a little bit worried) when I see a large number of guys all leaving a program at once, especially when it's starters and other guys who's names that you know and are familiar with.
100% agree. I’ll never say I know how to run a football program but seeing big names like this leave makes me worried. But, gotta trust the new HC and his process!

GV Dad

L'Étranger wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:28 pm
WIU2DC wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:03 pm
GV wrote:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatal

These seem to be guys who're graduating in May or maybe have in December...guys who can be cut loose without damaging the APR. Willing to bet they didn't jump into the pool. Pretty sure they were pushed.

This may be the most asinine post I have ever read. Could not be further from the truth 

WIU2DC

Well that was quick. Coach Elliot offering his old LB. Curious to see how many of Elliot’s guys get an offer from his new school.

rocki

I get what people are saying, and on the one hand, I would liked to have seen them stay; but on the other hand, they WERE here last year and we still sucked.