2021 - at Northern Kentucky

Neckfansince71

Flores got the bucket 712! ;) jc

Neckfansince71

We came out flat and NKU was on fire the first half.  Hey, you take a Big East school to the wire on Saturday infront of a whole lot of WIU fans, you overnight, and then head to Cinncinati.  Monday morning practice, Monday afternoon walk through, dinner, and its game time.  Thats an awful lot to do and you could tell.  But as you all have said, these kids don't quit, period! ;)jc

sealhall74

If you missed the finish, here it is.  

Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

Neckfansince71 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:16 pm Flores got the bucket 712! ;) jc

Thanks for the correction !

The Northern Kentucky stats person gave the basket to Burrell with an assist to Flores.
leatherneckcountry

sealhall74 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:00 pm If you missed the finish, here it is.  

This is at least the second time that an announcer has called someone Carius who wasn't carius this season.
WIU2DC

Watched the game last night. We definitely came out flat in the first half but overcame it. This team looks great and could do some damage in the Summit league. Hoping we win our last two games of November and get into December 6-1. For the bigger basketball fans than myself, Is the MAC known for their good basketball programs or is the recruiting close to what recruits we get in the Summit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

WIU2DC wrote:For the bigger basketball fans than myself, Is the MAC known for their good basketball programs or is the recruiting close to what recruits we get in the Summit?

In general, the MAC is better than the summit, but not as good as the MVC. There are teams that are on par with us, and some teams that will be better, so it depends more on who we’re playing specifically. I’ll have to go look a little later.

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

I think this seems to be the biggest difference from previous teams...not just with Dixon, but across the entire team. In the past, we get down, we'd just fold. This team doesn't do that.

sealhall74

ST_Lawson wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:16 am I think this seems to be the biggest difference from previous teams...not just with Dixon, but across the entire team. In the past, we get down, we'd just fold. This team doesn't do that.

Dixon reminds me of Dennis Rodman.  Scrappy, has this knack for being in the right place at the right time, especially on the offensive boards.
Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

WIU2DC wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:03 amFor the bigger basketball fans than myself, Is the MAC known for their good basketball programs or is the recruiting close to what recruits we get in the Summit?
Here's how our next couple of opponents compare:
Western Illinois (4-1) - BPI Ranking 212, KenPom Ranking 198, Massey Ranking 180
@ Eastern Michigan (1-3) - BPI Ranking 249, KenPom Ranking 267, Massey Ranking 214
vs Miami (OH) (4-0) - BPI Ranking 58, KenPom Ranking 108, Massey Ranking 88

Eastern Michigan won a couple of exhibitions, lost to Indiana by 6 points, beat Illinois State by 5, lost to Northern Kentucky by 1 last Thursday, then lost to Michigan State by 24. This game is winnable, but it'll be a bit of a fight.
Miami (OH) beat Georgia Tech by 3, Lamar by 29, Stetson by 15, then DIII Heidelberg by 45. They have a game this evening against DIII Defiance College, so we probably won't learn much there. Based on the current rankings, it looks like this is going to be a much tougher game. Since it'll be this Saturday, there won't be any students around (or the band), which is unfortunate because the team will need all the help they can get.