12/18/21 - Eastern Illinois

sealhall74

ST_Lawson wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:56 pm Taking the kids in our ugly sweaters to the game.

Also, Mark Hendrickson is in the house. Myers is set to be introduced as HC at halftime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You caught me and son Drake of my wifes cousin in that shot.  Pair sitting under scoreboard about 4 rows down. He is a stud Esports player from Davenport Central.  His Esports team toured the Quad City campus a week ago so I thought I would show him around the big campus.  Had a good time.  He was impressed.

There is a different vibe in Western Hall than I have experienced in the last decade.  Myers was well received.  Seems like a class act.  Also, that PA Announcer is golden.  He can sing (today it was fittingly Feliz Navidad) AND knows something about the game of basketball and conducts the fan games.  Hang on to that guy.  I think he has a cohort sitting next to him on the bench - maybe he is in charge of the music.  Whatever, good show today on the court and sidelines.

Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

The PA announcer led a sing-along of "Sweet Caroline" at the previous game.
vatusay

If they could convince a thousand or two students to make the games, western hall could be a great home court advantage. It’s just a big metal box. This team deserves their support. 
#ALLIN #YOLO
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:56 pm You caught me and son Drake of my wifes cousin in that shot.  Pair sitting under scoreboard about 4 rows down. He is a stud Esports player from Davenport Central.  His Esports team toured the Quad City campus a week ago so I thought I would show him around the big campus.  Had a good time.  He was impressed.

There is a different vibe in Western Hall than I have experienced in the last decade.  Myers was well received.  Seems like a class act.  Also, that PA Announcer is golden.  He can sing (today it was fittingly Feliz Navidad) AND knows something about the game of basketball and conducts the fan games.  Hang on to that guy.  I think he has a cohort sitting next to him on the bench - maybe he is in charge of the music.  Whatever, good show today on the court and sidelines.

Absolutely that PA announcer is awesome. Idk if he's a local or a student, but we gotta figure out how to keep him around as long as we can. Add 1,000 or so students and Western Hall could be rockin'.
vatusay wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:10 pm Well seemed like everyone was “off” tonight except for Will and sandage. Still be ahead early and really never look back. 

Edit: love how Dixon plays.

I think it felt more like the first half was just knocking off the rust of no games in 2 weeks plus focusing on finals over the last week. It felt like the game was a little more "in hand" in the second half. Now they get back to more of a regular-ish schedule with winnable games Monday and Wednesday against 4-9 Denver and currently 1-10 Omaha.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000