Missouri St

If you want to talk about Monmouth University Football, Quincy University Basketball, Notre Dame Men's Soccer, or whatever, this is the place.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

meganeck wrote:I saw tonight a QB that was committed to Louisville decommitted from there and is going to sign with Missouri St tomorrow. I wonder what the real story behind that is, Petrino is working magic down there.
Not to say that this might not eventually happen, but they didn't sign a QB today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
meganeck

ST_Lawson wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:10 pm
meganeck wrote:I saw tonight a QB that was committed to Louisville decommitted from there and is going to sign with Missouri St tomorrow. I wonder what the real story behind that is, Petrino is working magic down there.
Not to say that this might not eventually happen, but they didn't sign a QB today.

Interesting, thanks

letsgonecks

ST_Lawson wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:10 am Sounds like a big part of the decision is because JSU and Deion have worked out a 7-figure NIL deal and reality TV show for the kid.

Anyone else think this is maybe not so great for the sport in general?....just me?
Not saying the athletes shouldn't be able to get their fair share, but this stuff seems to be getting really out of hand really quickly.

It's official:

Not sure how I feel about all the NIL stuff, but would probably be a big fan it was helping WIU.  Would love for our next coach to be some famous ex-player or big time coach wanting to turn around our fortunes and top talent followed, knowing they'd have major publicity to make money now and still a good shot at going to the pros.

Maybe some fortune 500 executive was a huge fan of that dude chronicling his journey of taking Video Game WIU Basketball to the National Championship.  Decided his company wants to help make this happen and will give NIL deals top recruits to come here.  I love our team this year and Coach Jeter is going to keep improving things without, but man something like that could drastically change the future of WIU and not just athletics.

Not a fan when the rich get richer and the system is setup for them to stay that way, but I'm ok with the little guys making big things happen.  
meganeck

ST_Lawson wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:10 pm

That QB ended up signing with Western Carolina