Assistant Coaches Search

lovethenecks

There a plan and its going to be great, that sounds scary. :shock:  Some kind of wierd thing, I can bet what it is but I would hope both the New Coach and administration would be smart enough not to hire either a coach 10 years removed from coaching and a family member in any capacity even if FREE/Volunteer. Please tell me that is not what you were thinking as YOUR GREAT PLAN 57?
Leatherneck57

lovethenecks wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:20 am There a plan and its going to be great, that sounds scary. :shock:  Some kind of wierd thing, I can bet what it is but I would hope both the New Coach and administration would be smart enough not to hire either a coach 10 years removed from coaching and a family member in any capacity even if FREE/Volunteer. Please tell me that is not what you were thinking as YOUR GREAT PLAN 57?

I probably don’t know you from Adam but anytime you capitalize words it’s considered yelling.  While I don’t have full disclosure of all plans I have faith that Coach Hendrickson has the knowledge of the 3 parts that make up a football game.  You don’t go 31-4 as a HC at any level without good special teams.

Btw…Coach (Mark) Hendrickson isn’t 10 years removed from the game…he’s been coaching the RB’s at Kansas Wesleyan the last few years.  He was a helleva an OC for the Necks for many years.  Some of our best offenses came under his direction.

Last edited by Leatherneck57 on Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leatherneck57

lovethenecks wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:20 am There a plan and its going to be great, that sounds scary. :shock:  Some kind of wierd thing, I can bet what it is but I would hope both the New Coach and administration would be smart enough not to hire either a coach 10 years removed from coaching and a family member in any capacity even if FREE/Volunteer. Please tell me that is not what you were thinking as YOUR GREAT PLAN 57?

lovethenecks

Sorry I offended you, that was no my intention. Thank You for your inside knowledge on the next steps on the staff, and confirming my . Thank you for validating the last 2 years out of 10 years coaching an NAIA Offensive position, not sure what that has to do with Special Teams.Some states like Tennessee ban Nepotism in State University Coaching hires for many, many obvious reasons, for all we know it might be illigal in Illinois?  If this helps them win 8-9 games in 2 years then its a win for everyone. Please name me 2 division 1 winning programs in USA where a father is on his sons staff.
Leatherneck57

lovethenecks wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:56 pm Sorry I offended you, that was no my intention. Thank You for your inside knowledge on the next steps on the staff, and confirming my . Thank you for validating the last 2 years out of 10 years coaching an NAIA Offensive position, not sure what that has to do with Special Teams.Some states like Tennessee ban Nepotism in State University Coaching hires for many, many obvious reasons, for all we know it might be illigal in Illinois?  If this helps them win 8-9 games in 2 years then its a win for everyone. Please name me 2 division 1 winning programs in USA where a father is on his sons staff.

I would imagine Tennessee put that in play after Lane Kiffin hired his dad Monty to be his DC.  Then they left and coached at USC together and later at FAU.  I believe some Bowden’s coached together.  It really doesn’t matter.  I’m moving on from this conversation.  

We can all agree that special teams is important.

meganeck

Leatherneck57 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:21 pm
meganeck wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:02 pm
leatherneckcountry wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:22 pm

Looks like Roberts is out

Yeah its weird about Roberts, he had tweeted this weekend about recruits being on campus and now he's not on the staff. Something must of happened

Coach Roberts has 3 opportunities.  1. With his Alma Mater Virginia Tech for an off field position (most likely an Analyst) 2. An FBS offer to coach TE’s.  Both of these options are close to his son. 3. Co-pass game coordinator and WR coach at Eastern Washington University.  He’s not sure which one he’s taking.  He thought it would be best to leave now so it doesn’t disrupt recruiting.

Coach Hendrickson will be interviewing and hiring a WR coach after the February 2nd signing day.  He wants to take his time and bring in the right fit.  The next 14 days are important to get commitments for the offers that have out.

Roberts did get hired as an offensive analyst for Va Tech.
Leatherneck57

meganeck wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:21 pm
Leatherneck57 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:21 pm
meganeck wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:02 pm

Yeah its weird about Roberts, he had tweeted this weekend about recruits being on campus and now he's not on the staff. Something must of happened

Coach Roberts has 3 opportunities.  1. With his Alma Mater Virginia Tech for an off field position (most likely an Analyst) 2. An FBS offer to coach TE’s.  Both of these options are close to his son. 3. Co-pass game coordinator and WR coach at Eastern Washington University.  He’s not sure which one he’s taking.  He thought it would be best to leave now so it doesn’t disrupt recruiting.

Coach Hendrickson will be interviewing and hiring a WR coach after the February 2nd signing day.  He wants to take his time and bring in the right fit.  The next 14 days are important to get commitments for the offers that have out.

Roberts did get hired as an offensive analyst for Va Tech.

Correct…he went home.

Attachments
Coach Roberts.
Coach Roberts.
7AFAA1F3-83BD-40E1-A893-148FE824686A.jpeg (108.21 KiB) Viewed 1471 times
letsgonecks

Any updates on an OC, WR or ST coach?  I know Myers was an OC, played both WR and ST, but we need him focusing on other things.  His dad was an OC here, ST coach at Iowa and WR in college many moons ago.

Big fan of the current staff being young and hungry, but would like to see someone like Mark join, who's been around and has some old school in him.
Leatherneck57

letsgonecks wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:20 pm Any updates on an OC, WR or ST coach?  I know Myers was an OC, played both WR and ST, but we need him focusing on other things.  His dad was an OC here, ST coach at Iowa and WR in college many moons ago.

Big fan of the current staff being young and hungry, but would like to see someone like Mark join, who's been around and has some old school in him.

Easy on the many moons ago comment 🤣!  I played against Mark in ‘78 and ‘79.  We’re the same age.

All we need is a WR coach.  I think Coach Hendrickson will call the plays this year truthfully.  Don’t know that for a fact but I would assume the O-line coach is the run game coordinator and the new QB coach would be the passing game coordinator.  I will be up there next week providing lunch for the coaches.  I’ll know more after that visit.

lovethenecks

I read a fantastic article about a 26 year old Super Model that is turning down Magazine covers to give other young Models their chance at Covers she has enjoyed for the last 8 years. What a great additude that I think is very appropriate in this exact situation. Westerns new Head Coach is a young guy getting his chance which is what D2 and FCS football is all about. Why bring back a family member that has had his Magazine Covers, give the new model(up and coming coach's) a chance for their cover.