Assistant Coaches Search

leatherneckcountry

GV wrote:Thu Jan 01, 1970 3:55 am Feeney is Coaching OLBs.  Not 100% sure the OC situation. There will be a WR Coach, but at a later date. Might be a familiar interim Coach though 

Is his 1st name rhyme with spark and has the same last name as Myers 
Leatherneck57

meganeck wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:02 pm
leatherneckcountry wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:22 pm
ST_Lawson wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:04 pm Coaching staff is officially official now: https://goleathernecks.com/news/2022/1/ ... staff.aspx

Looks like Roberts is out

Yeah its weird about Roberts, he had tweeted this weekend about recruits being on campus and now he's not on the staff. Something must of happened

Coach Roberts has 3 opportunities.  1. With his Alma Mater Virginia Tech for an off field position (most likely an Analyst) 2. An FBS offer to coach TE’s.  Both of these options are close to his son. 3. Co-pass game coordinator and WR coach at Eastern Washington University.  He’s not sure which one he’s taking.  He thought it would be best to leave now so it doesn’t disrupt recruiting.

Coach Hendrickson will be interviewing and hiring a WR coach after the February 2nd signing day.  He wants to take his time and bring in the right fit.  The next 14 days are important to get commitments for the offers that have out.

meganeck

Leatherneck57 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:21 pm
meganeck wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:02 pm
leatherneckcountry wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:22 pm

Looks like Roberts is out

Yeah its weird about Roberts, he had tweeted this weekend about recruits being on campus and now he's not on the staff. Something must of happened

Coach Roberts has 3 opportunities.  1. With his Alma Mater Virginia Tech for an off field position (most likely an Analyst) 2. An FBS offer to coach TE’s.  Both of these options are close to his son. 3. Co-pass game coordinator and WR coach at Eastern Washington University.  He’s not sure which one he’s taking.  He thought it would be best to leave now so it doesn’t disrupt recruiting.

Coach Hendrickson will be interviewing and hiring a WR coach after the February 2nd signing day.  He wants to take his time and bring in the right fit.  The next 14 days are important to get commitments for the offers that have out.

Thanks for the update and good for Coach Roberts, glad to see he does have some choices to choose from.

GV Dad

leatherneckcountry wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:25 pm
GV wrote:Thu Jan 01, 1970 3:55 am Feeney is Coaching OLBs.  Not 100% sure the OC situation. There will be a WR Coach, but at a later date. Might be a familiar interim Coach though 

Is his 1st name rhyme with spark and has the same last name as Myers 

LOL!  Nicely done!
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Mheller

meganeck wrote:
meganeck wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:02 pm Yeah its weird about Roberts, he had tweeted this weekend about recruits being on campus and now he's not on the staff. Something must of happened

Thanks for the update and good for Coach Roberts, glad to see he does have some choices to choose from.

Any idea what the third school is Coach Roberts is looking at beyond VA Tech & Eastern Washington? Hate to lose him, Coach Rob is special.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Leatherneck57

Mheller wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:53 pm
meganeck wrote:

Any idea what the third school is Coach Roberts is looking at beyond VA Tech & Eastern Washington? Hate to lose him, Coach Rob is special.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He didn’t say most likely because he didn’t have an official offer like the others.  Coach Hendrickson will find the right replacement.  I have all the confidence in that statement.

leatherneckcountry

I saw all the coaches at the game today but didn't see any recruits. 
lovethenecks

I think we all learned yesterday that Special Teams are "Huge" part of the game and I dont see anyone on the staff focused on Special Teams. I am pretty sure that every other MVC Team does. Please dont tell me that some GA or by Committee is the Plan. Hope Packers taught everyone something
Leatherneck57

lovethenecks wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:23 am I think we all learned yesterday that Special Teams are "Huge" part of the game and I dont see anyone on the staff focused on Special Teams. I am pretty sure that every other MVC Team does. Please dont tell me that some GA or by Committee is the Plan. Hope Packers taught everyone something

Oh there’s a plan and a really good one.  It’s being approved.  This staff understands the importance of the 3 phases of football.