Assistant Coaches Search

meganeck

i don't know if this means anything but Zach Grant & Dyrell Roberts are still showing WIU in their Twitter bios. I know a couple of other former assistant coaches their bios now just say football coach. I know each person is different, but just interesting both Grant and Roberts are still showing WIU coaches in their bios and are liking and or following  players announce they have received WIU offers.
L'Étranger

When they drop, it'll be 445 on a Friday
GV Dad

The AFCA Convention starts Jan 9, I bet they are wanting to announce before then.  Hopefully we hear something today or over the weekend.  If not I think we all need to chip in for a bus ticket for Scott to go to San Antonio and see who is with Coach Hen.  You up for that Scott!  LOL
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

GV wrote:Thu Jan 01, 1970 3:51 am The AFCA Convention starts Jan 9, I bet they are wanting to announce before then.  Hopefully we hear something today or over the weekend.  If not I think we all need to chip in for a bus ticket for Scott to go to San Antonio and see who is with Coach Hen.  You up for that Scott!  LOL

Currently -3 in Macomb, 36 with a high of 47 in San Antonio....it's tempting ;)
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
letsgonecks

meganeck wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:38 pm i don't know if this means anything but Zach Grant & Dyrell Roberts are still showing WIU in their Twitter bios. I know a couple of other former assistant coaches their bios now just say football coach. I know each person is different, but just interesting both Grant and Roberts are still showing WIU coaches in their bios and are liking and or following  players announce they have received WIU offers.

They are both the only assistant coaches still in the WIU directory.  Went on earlier to see if there were any new names under athletics, but no go.  DC Cam Clark still shows WIU on his twitter, but wasn't found in the directory.

GV Dad

Technically not an Asst Coach, but Beth Wilson is returning to WIU as Asst AD for Academic and Student Development.  This is good for 2 reasons.1) She was great working with the Boys, and they loved her!  2)  The Athletic Dept is finally starting to make replace some of their open support positions.  
sealhall74

Myers said it in presser.  To win in the Valley, you MUST run the ball and stop the run.  Can he get it done like the Bison are doing.  We shall see.
Embrace the pace of the race.
letsgonecks

A familiar name added to the athletic faculty directory.....Brandon Kreczmer.  Hate to steel any announcement thunder, but assuming he's joining his former teammates staff.

Not sure of his coaching position, but confident he'll instill some much needed toughness to our defense.  Was a big fan of his hard nosed LB play.  Most recently HC at Newman Catholic, so he already knows how to recruit.....private schools!!!!  Lost to Newman junior year playoffs by 3, we shut down their all state running back, but they had pick six and kickoff return for a TD to win 17-14.

Anyways, if he is in fact part of the staff, I'm a fan.  Played here, won here, successful HS coach/DC, and seems to be a pretty solid character guy.  Hoping Myers brings in a DC with D1 experience, but who knows, maybe he's confident in Brandon, but thinking LB's.  Still holding out that his dad and Patterson reached out to Diaco and talked him into coming back where it all started. 

Diaco not likely, but Brian Cox is still looking to get back into coaching after years coaching in the NFL.  Tell him is son could train during the offseason down here with him and we get Khalen and Lacale to train as well.  Mix in our DL and LB's to get some NFL style training.  Ok, I'm done ranting, just not much going on and Packers have basically been off for 2 weeks.
GV Dad

Stay close to your computers and phones today, may be time for some breaking news...   ;)

GV Dad

letsgonecks wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:05 am A familiar name added to the athletic faculty directory.....Brandon Kreczmer.  Hate to steel any announcement thunder, but assuming he's joining his former teammates staff.

Steal away!  After this long screw their announcement thunder!  LOL