Signed 2022 Class

leatherneckcountry

Leatherneck57 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:01 pm
letsgonecks wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:49 pm
Leatherneck57 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:57 pm
We do have a JUCO LB not shown that will come in the summer, Chase Graham 6’3 230 from College of DuPage.  He was coached in college by JR Niklos (former Neck TE) and in high school by our new linebacker coach Brandon Kreczmer.

We also have another LB (not shown above) Kendall Huston from CBC High School in St. Louis that committed to us last night.  His paperwork is coming.  

Transfers most likely will commit in weeks ahead.   They are not in a big hurry while they weight their choices.  We will get some…be patient.

I was just wondering why neither were included.  Just check Huston's twitter a little bit ago and didn't see anything new or changed.  Chase seemed like a lock, so that made me wonder as well.

Be excited to see who we get to transfer in and hoping we get most of our contributors back.  Need depth and competition this spring and fall camp.

Chase Graham won’t be here until the summer.  They will announce him then. 

Kendall Huston was invited to walk-on and try to make the team which is different than a PWO offer.  A preferred walk-on is an actual roster spot and they are in line to receive the next available scholarship.

I can almost say for certain the Huston kid will make the team based on the program he comes from.  Just needs to grow and develop a little.  The kid can play and had the stats to prove it!  Give his film a watch.

63 Tackles
7 Sacks 
6 Interceptions 
4 Touchdowns 
2 Fumble Recoveries

https://t.co/uhZ9zHllDj

Is Peewee already on campus.
Leatherneck57

leatherneckcountry wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:04 pm
letsgonecks wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:49 pm
I was just wondering why neither were included.  Just check Huston's twitter a little bit ago and didn't see anything new or changed.  Chase seemed like a lock, so that made me wonder as well.

Be excited to see who we get to transfer in and hoping we get most of our contributors back.  Need depth and competition this spring and fall camp.

Kendall Huston was invited to walk-on and try to make the team which is different than a PWO offer.  A preferred walk-on is an actual roster spot and they are in line to receive the next available scholarship.

I can almost say for certain the Huston kid will make the team based on the program he comes from.  Just needs to grow and develop a little.  The kid can play and had the stats to prove it!  Give his film a watch.

63 Tackles
7 Sacks 
6 Interceptions 
4 Touchdowns 
2 Fumble Recoveries

Yes…
HoosierNeck13

Too early to know, but who from the class has the potential to contribute right away?

wiu712

From KHQA-TV-7 Sports:

Last edited by wiu712 on Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leatherneck57

Leatherneck57 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:19 pm
leatherneckcountry wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:04 pm

63 Tackles
7 Sacks 
6 Interceptions 
4 Touchdowns 
2 Fumble Recoveries

Yes…

I stand corrected….both Joey Thompson and Kendall Huston are roster kids.  They committed  so late on Tuesday evening they couldn’t get the paperwork completed in time for the announcement.  They will be introduced soon.  My apologies for the miscommunication.  Excited to have these two.  

Last edited by Leatherneck57 on Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HoosierNeck13

I'm thinking (not counting previously mentioned players):
Jarrett: will probably be our starting QB
Gorder: wants to be the next outstanding FCS OL; read an article that says is ready to put in the work, and we give him the best chance to be in the NFL
Alawaldi: to my knowledge, the biggest lineman to date 
Logan: lost a lot at the WR position; nice size
Newcomer: well-regarded recruit 
Wildcat: impressive stats
Henry: need a spark on the DL
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

HoosierNeck13 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:45 pm I'm thinking (not counting previously mentioned players):
Gorder: wants to be the next outstanding FCS OL; read an article that says is ready to put in the work, and we give him the best chance to be in the NFL

You also have the new rule (from a couple of years ago) that says that they can play up to 4 games in a season and still consider it their "redshirt" year. I think there's a good likelihood we'll see a decent number of the new guys play at least a little in the fall.

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Leatherneck57

Brayden Hall

GV Dad

ST_Lawson wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:19 pm
HoosierNeck13 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:45 pm I'm thinking (not counting previously mentioned players):

You also have the new rule (from a couple of years ago) that says that they can play up to 4 games in a season and still consider it their "redshirt" year. I think there's a good likelihood we'll see a decent number of the new guys play at least a little in the fall.

I think it's really 2 questions, could contribute and will contribute.  The will contribute, I don't think anyone knows.  We'll have to wait and see what the philosophy of playing Fresh is for the new staff.  The question of physically/athletically could contribute I would say Newcomer, Reed, Williams and Sanders are D1 ready now.  Jarrett obviously is the Day 1 QB1, and I don't see that changing.  Henry has a good chance to be in the rotation on the DL.  The others I think will need some time.  That said, we have a great group of HS kids for the future, I just hope this staff is better at keeping them in the program.  

WIU2DC

Think someone mentioned that this young man had huge looks his Jr year but got hurt and couldn’t play his senior year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk