Signed 2022 Class

GV Dad

Always good to sign a kid this close to Macomb.  Great boost to attendance numbers.  
WIU2DC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WIU2DC

Hell of a freshman class… I just want these young men to win some more games next year and hope we fill some holes!

letsgonecks

WIU2DC wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:18 pm

Next great WIU lefty QB?  Michna, Barr and Clark?

No pressure kid!!!!!

letsgonecks

57, just saw your tweet and see you beat me to the Michna and Barr reference. 

Fingers crossed we're both on to something with his future!!!.
Neckfansince71

Time for a Matt Barr story!  I was the Department Chair of Science at Glenbard East for 26 years.  If you are in a job that long you learn to help and trust people along the way.  It just so happened that I got a phone call from the Western Illinois University student teacher advisor who was a basketball referee.  He said, I have a student teacher in chemistry and he submitted his stuff late so I need a favor.  Can you place him at East.  Well, I had a 5 x 7 picture of Hanson Field on my desk and a large campus picture of WIU on the wall, how could I say no.  What's his/her name I asked!  Lee Russell!  Lee Russell.........Well, Lee Russell is one of the hardest hitters that ever played linebacker at WIU.  He is an absolute gentleman to say the least.  His first day on the job I asked him at the end of school to come to my office.  He sat down and I said, I have done you a favor having you student teach her in the nick of time.  So the deal is, the last hour of Friday you are going to step into my office and we are going to talk Leatherneck Football.  He had no problem with that.  So one of my questions along the way was, Matt Barr, is he the real thing.  Lee answered without hesitation, absolutely he said.  He was absolutely right!  I would call him and Russ, "gunslingers!"
Western_101

I like stories like that. The lefty thing completely escaped the capacity of my feeble brain.

NFS71 you  are a  Stud. If anyone says otherwise send 'em to my wife!

She Supports the purple and gold and she is not from this school. 

Did Matt Barr get NFL looks,  I know he QB thes Chicago Rush for awhile.

Western_101

I worked with a guy that went to school with Russ Michna...... I used to press him on details. I gave up when he made it clear they didn't run in the same social circles. Conant High (Schaumburg, IL). 

GV Dad

Leatherneck57

GV wrote:Thu Jan 01, 1970 4:03 am

The kid is one helleva an athlete no doubt!