Signed 2022 Class

GV Dad

Starting a new thread to keep the signed separate from the offered.  

Wyatt Newcomer OL Liberty MO
Byron Jarrett  QB  Des Moines IA
Yaser Alwadi  OL  Park Ridge IL
Mo Reed  DB  Covington GA
Tajaeh Mullix  DL  Covington GA
Myles Johnston  WR  Morris IL
Mitchell Logan  WR  Springfield IL
Tajh Sanders  WR  Valdosta GA
Eli West  DB  Albany GA
Lesharo Wildcat  DL  Pawhuska OK
Carter Gorder  OL  Mason City IA
Caden Selle  OL  Hannibal MO
Kamal Mukarram  DB  Tinley Park IL
Wentric Williams  RB  Liberty MO
Mari Bell  DL  Rockford IL
Trey Henry  DL  Lake Charles LA
Ryan Crandall  LB  Ankeny IA

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Put together a spreadsheet of all the guys who have officially signed (per the WIU Football twitter account)

As well as a map of where they're all from (based on their hometown/high school): https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit? ... sp=sharing
A much more "local" class overall than we've seen in a while, which should help a little with attendance w/ family and friends being able to make it to more games. Also looks like we've got a couple of additions to our KC-area crew that comes over pretty much every game (GV Dad, I'm sure you'll reach out to them and say hi to those Liberty kids).
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

Lesharo Wildcat probably played with both Drummond boys.  Oldest Bryce now QBing for North Texas.  Todd was a HS junior QB this past season.  If Lesharo brings along some of the Pioneer Woman's recipes, we can put some pounds on our boys really quickly.   :lol:

Todd not too shabby of a season.  Threw for 3600 yds and 50 TDs.  Put him on the recruiting radar.

https://people.com/food/ree-drummond-pr ... eason-end/

Last edited by sealhall74 on Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Embrace the pace of the race.
WIU2DC

Looking like we got 2 JuCo guys and the rest will be freshman next year? Really loving this freshman class but am/was hoping for some transfer help for this upcoming season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Leatherneck57

WIU2DC wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:37 pm Looking like we got 2 JuCo guys and the rest will be freshman next year? Really loving this freshman class but am/was hoping for some transfer help for this upcoming season.

We do have a JUCO LB not shown that will come in the summer, Chase Graham 6’3 230 from College of DuPage.  He was coached in college by JR Niklos (former Neck TE) and in high school by our new linebacker coach Brandon Kreczmer.

We also have another LB (not shown above) Kendall Huston from CBC High School in St. Louis that committed to us last night.  His paperwork is coming.  

Transfers most likely will commit in weeks ahead.   They are not in a big hurry while they weight their choices.  We will get some…be patient.

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Yeah, I'm not too concerned with transfers. There's still a ton of talent in the portal and the biggest priority leading up to this week was always going to be getting a solid freshmen class.

Now that that's mostly complete, they can do a bit of evaluation of where they need to shore up positions with a bit of depth or experience and find a few good guys in the portal to fill those spots.

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
letsgonecks

Leatherneck57 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:57 pm
WIU2DC wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:37 pm Looking like we got 2 JuCo guys and the rest will be freshman next year? Really loving this freshman class but am/was hoping for some transfer help for this upcoming season.

We do have a JUCO LB not shown that will come in the summer, Chase Graham 6’3 230 from College of DuPage.  He was coached in college by JR Niklos (former Neck TE) and in high school by our new linebacker coach Brandon Kreczmer.

We also have another LB (not shown above) Kendall Huston from CBC High School in St. Louis that committed to us last night.  His paperwork is coming.  

Transfers most likely will commit in weeks ahead.   They are not in a big hurry while they weight their choices.  We will get some…be patient.

I was just wondering why neither were included.  Just check Huston's twitter a little bit ago and didn't see anything new or changed.  Chase seemed like a lock, so that made me wonder as well.

Be excited to see who we get to transfer in and hoping we get most of our contributors back.  Need depth and competition this spring and fall camp.

WIU2DC

Really excited about this freshman class and what they will do at our program. Hoping we get some key transfers that make us better this upcoming season. Hoping we shock UT-Martin week one and the OVC champ. Let’s go Necks!

Leatherneck57

letsgonecks wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:49 pm
Leatherneck57 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:57 pm

I was just wondering why neither were included.  Just check Huston's twitter a little bit ago and didn't see anything new or changed.  Chase seemed like a lock, so that made me wonder as well.

Be excited to see who we get to transfer in and hoping we get most of our contributors back.  Need depth and competition this spring and fall camp.

Chase Graham won’t be here until the summer.  They will announce him then. 

Kendall Huston was invited to walk-on and try to make the team which is different than a PWO offer.  A preferred walk-on is an actual roster spot and they are in line to receive the next available scholarship.

I can almost say for certain the Huston kid will make the team based on the program he comes from.  Just needs to grow and develop a little.  The kid can play and had the stats to prove it!  Give his film a watch.

63 Tackles
7 Sacks 
6 Interceptions 
4 Touchdowns 
2 Fumble Recoveries

https://t.co/uhZ9zHllDj