The method in the madness!!

Neckfansince71

Glad we have someone as driven and knowledgeable as Coach Jeter!  We are going to be hard to beat as we approach the tournament.  No matter whether it is high school ball or collegiate, seasons are absolutely the "long and winding road!"  Below is the write-up from the UND win.  I really like the tenor of his comment.

"When you find yourself where we are… all we're focused on is being better tomorrow and the next day. If we do that, we know that we can compete with that next cluster of teams and that next cluster can put you in a final game to go to the NCAA tournament," Jeter said. "We were able to beat Oral Roberts and we had opportunities to beat some of those other teams. It's more about getting better in the next practice, next game so that we can be prepared for whatever opportunity we get."

;)
 jc

leatherneckcountry

I see muller is out at ISU
letsgonecks

leatherneckcountry wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:23 pm I see muller is out at ISU

Are you worried about a run at Jeter, if this team finishes strong?  That was my thought when I saw the article this morning.

sealhall74

I would say the jury is still out on Jeter at this point.  Our early success this year was encouraging.  However, looking at the combined records of all the 7 D1 teams we beat, starting with Nebraska and ending with EIU, those records add up to a combined 61-105.  Also to be determined, can he demonstrate solid player retainment AND development through a 4 or 5 year stretch?  Or will he rely mostly on transfers which is what we have going so far?  Only coaches like Coach K can make a good living with HS recruits that play for you only a year or two.

Embrace the pace of the race.
Western_101

Why would any fan make the effort to show up at Western Hall?

Real question. No Hyperbole, honest question?

sealhall74

Western_101 wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:10 pm Why would any fan make the effort to show up at Western Hall?

Cheap. Great sight lines. No hassle parking or getting to seat.  To expound, I showed up last Thursday night for game against NDSU.  No trouble finding a parking spot (Geez, I remember the time when I was going to Western in late 70s, I had no Q lot sticker, left my car there overnight, next day, car was gone, I had to hop a cab out to some place on East Jackson and recover my car after being towed.  Also happened once in Higgins lot when I had a Q lot sticker but no Higgins sticker. You'd think I would have learned my lesson after the first time.  Wrong.  LOL)  After entering Western Hall, I could easily have walked right into seating area, grabbed a seat just about anywhere on the south side, no one would have asked to see my ticket.  Instead, I forked out $7 (or was it $5) for a senior ticket and then meandered toward my seat, still no one asked to to see my ticket.  Took a detour to the concession stand to grab some popcorn and a Mt. Dew before settling into my seat behind the Bison bench (I wanted to be closer to the pep band).  You asked, I answered.

Update:  My bad.  The towed vehicle recovery spot was out on West Jackson somewhere.  In fact, I took a drive out to Colchester and back that day so probably went right past the the spot.  What suprised me on that little jaunt was how much that area had changed.  Kind of become an eyesore of sorts with that humongous junk yard sitting just off the road and is there big concrete plant there too or has my memory gone foggy after only a week?

Last edited by sealhall74 on Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rocky Swishterson

Western_101 wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:10 pm Why would any fan make the effort to show up at Western Hall?

Well, if you've followed WIU hoops for the last decade or more you'd understand that this is a program that is actually on the rise. We have five starters who can play with anyone in the conference. We just seem to lack depth. Plus, Trent Massner is one of the best players in the Summit League. If you appreciate good basketball you'd go to see them at Western Hall. If I was anywhere near there, I'd be going regularly.

sealhall74

Rocky wrote:Thu Jan 01, 1970 4:01 am

Well, if you've followed WIU hoops for the last decade or more you'd understand that this is a program that is actually on the rise. We have five starters who can play with anyone in the conference. We just seem to lack depth. Plus, Trent Massner is one of the best players in the Summit League. If you appreciate good basketball you'd go to see them at Western Hall. If I was anywhere near there, I'd be going regularly.

On the rise I hope.  On thing for sure, this is the week to "rise and shine" if you are going to do it..

Necks2003

Division I basketball has always been fun for me to watch in person no matter the setting. A good game is always fun to watch. Even the side arena DU now plays in is no more than a glorified HS gym with hoops from the rafters. Coach Mo had Western Hall filled on a few occasions.
rocki

Why not? If you enjoy basketball, there's nothing like watching it in person. For me, the same goes for high school basketball - it's the sport, not the gym that appeals to me.