At South Dakota State

wiu712

Pick Dawgz has South Dakota State as a 14-point favorite in tonight's game.
https://pickdawgz.com/college-basketbal ... prediction

sealhall74

I am not sure how I would approach this game.  These guys are good, very good.  Could make a Sweet 16 run this year like ORU did last.  Do you save your best stuff for the tournament just in case you meet again?  Do you go full bore on the throttle tonight looking for the signature upset win and risk having nothing left in tank on Saturday for the more winnable game?  Maybe slow things down, treat each possession like it's your last in the final minute of a game?  I like the latter approach after 1 cup of green tea.  MIght be different after the second cup.
Embrace the pace of the race.
letsgonecks

sealhall74 wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:04 am I am not sure how I would approach this game.  These guys are good, very good.  Could make a Sweet 16 run this year like ORU did last.  Do you save your best stuff for the tournament just in case you meet again?  Do you go full bore on the throttle tonight looking for the signature upset win and risk having nothing left in tank on Saturday for the more winnable game?  Maybe slow things down, treat each possession like it's your last in the final minute of a game?  I like the latter approach after 1 cup of green tea.  MIght be different after the second cup.

This is a tough team to slow down, but agree we should try to slow play this and limit possessions.  Like most our games, it comes down to our ability to make 3's as we typically live and die by them.  If we're hitting and limiting their possessions, we could take them down.

Our last matchup, we hit only 8 of 27 and they 11-17.  They played some tight D, so not an easy task.  One of our other big losses was to Iowa and yeah couldn't stop Keegan (not many teams can), but shot a horrible 5 of 30 and most of those were open looks.  Both could have been much closer games, so this team is in any game if they shoot decent from behind the arc.

Fingers crossed!!!!
Necks2003

If they can come out and stay close for the first 8 minutes, they can hang with anyone. When they are down 20 in the first 5 minutes, that creates an uphill battle against a good team none the less.
loyalfan

Let’s at least come down and run some sorta offensive scheme..There is no reason to be throwing up any shots before we have ran at least 15 seconds off the shot clock...we have to stay in control of this game from the get go to have a chance at the end...can’t get down even 10 to these guys...and when the shots aren’t falling, Pick Up The D!
sealhall74

Math 101
Skip pass = 2 short passes
sealhall74

I hate today's version of NBA basketball and that seems to be the only offense we have.  Give the ball to someone and get out of his way so he can make something happen.

Necks2003

Taking way too long to switch things on offense and defense. Figure out the double team down low???
sealhall74

Necks2003 wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 7:40 pm Taking way too long to switch things on offense and defense. Figure out the double team down low???

Yep, give up the ball before the second defender arrives on the scene.  He must be leaving his man open somewhere.
sealhall74

Just so tough watching us play these guys (and gals).  They are a different caliber.