vs Omaha

wiu712

Sports Chat Place has Western as a 12-point favorite in Thursday night's game.
https://sportschatplace.com/college-bas ... ions-odds/

sealhall74

We just cannot limp into the SL tournament which is what we would do if we don't win these last two.  If we limp in, it will be a repeat of the 2015 effort against SDSU.  I was there for it.  Not pretty.  We were down 50-21 at the half and guys looked like they wanted to just get on the bus and head home.  On the other side of coin, I was also there when we upset SDSU in round 1 back in 2019.  Some missed shots in life you never forget.  That particular night, it was Jenkins Jr shot from the elbow that never went in.  Another from ages ago was Joe Dystra's 17 footer against I believe it was Northern Michigan in Western Hall late in the D2 regional championship game that also never went in. 

BTW, Northern Michigan is still D2 and probably damn glad to be there.

Embrace the pace of the race.
sealhall74

A much-needed W in the books tonight.  We dominated the paint like we should have tonight.

Now, who do we prefer to play in the tournament.  I will vote for Oral Bob or USD if it is possible. A few Jack fans would root for us in this matchup.
KC is the darkhorse IMO, not a good matchup for us.  Bison crowd would be tough, they show up even for basketball.

sealhall74

SDSU knocked off Oral Bob in OT tonight moving ORU below Bison for #2 seed so ORU is a good possibility for us.  
ORU has the best pep band in the league.  I will give them that nod.  On the court, I think they are our best route to getting to the Championship.
BTW, Appel put up 41 tonight for SDSU.  They can beat  you in so many ways it is scary.  Just want the chance to play them in the Championship game this year and let the chips fall where they may.  Time to make some tournament hotel reservations.

Last edited by sealhall74 on Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wiu712

Western wins 88-76.

Trenton Massner led the Western scoring with 20 points.  He also had 8 rebounds.

Tamell Pearson had 18 points.  Will Carius and Luka Barisic each had 16 points.  Luka also had 9 rebounds.  George Dixon had 11 points.  

42 Points in the Paint for Western.

No Pep Band tonight.

The North Fulton Jr Hi Boys Basketball team was at the game.  They were sitting behind the Western bench.

Attendance at Western Hall = 621

Next game will be at Western Hall on Saturday (Feb 26) vs Denver for Senior Day.  Game time is 2:00 PM.