2022 Roster

sealhall74

Coach K has had a transfer portal to the NBA for years.  What is his graduation rate anyway?  Can't be anywere near the top.

Here is the answer.  100% when you throw out the ones who leave early in good academic standing.   :lol:

https://www.si.com/college/duke/basketb ... ate%20(51).

Now, next thing to figure out.  Is there really anyone at Duke not in good academic standing?

Embrace the pace of the race.
letsgonecks

leatherneckcountry wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:08 pm
meganeck wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:01 pm
sealhall74 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:45 pm Wow is all I can say.  Sure feels like something very weird happened during the course of this season.  Around mid-to late December if I had to put a time-frame on it.

Seal, I kinda agree, the team this year seemed to have so much potential then they just flat lined wonder if there was some internal stuff going on. Just like the football team, makes me wonder why of the guys leaving especially guys that have had prior relationships with the coaching staff. Very surprised about Colton, only thing maybe he thinks he can play at some higher level programs. At this point why even play Saturday, pretty much no chance of winning. Not sure the finances of this tourney, but hopefully WIU does incur too much of a loss with the trip. 

I did see North Dakota St is having a lot of players leaving also. I think I saw they only have 4 players right now scheduled back.

We also have to remember with the extra year of eligibility I  believe most of these guys have there undergrad and maybe trying to get a grad degree. I would be pretty surprised if Colton doesn't wind up at ISU.

Leatherneckcountry, you win the prize for best guess.  Per the Pantagraph, Sandage is signing with ISU.  First get for their new coach and wasn't aware he had an older brother that played there and another that played football.
sealhall74

Sandage is a scrappy dude.  Last year, he played out of position at the Point and did OK at it, not great by any stretch of the imagination.  This year  with Massner in the mix, he was able to be more of a spot shooter which he is pretty good at.  Hope he has a supporting cast in Normal to do well.
wiu712

Bloomington High School graduate Colton Sandage becomes Ryan Pedon's first ISU basketball recruit.
From the Bloomington Pantagraph:
https://pantagraph.com/sports/college/i ... 8b2d8.html

Necks2003

Curious why there hasn't been any recruiting news with all of the open scholarships this team has open next season. :?

loyalfan

Hopefully trying to get the best possible players that are the best fit but it is discouraging for sure..that being said I did see on Twitter that we did have a 6’5 SG out of Indiana commit to us as a PWO.. It’s something I guess
Neckfansince71

I think we have got to trust in the system and the coaching staff.  Loyal fan, I think every single year you must do what you stated above.... "trying to get the best possible players that are the best fit" for Jeter and WIU.  This is not his first rodeo although I am sure this "portal" thing has really got coaches wigging out.  Its almost like playing poker where you can throw 4 cards out with the hope of doing better.  The thing that gets me though is that players who take the portal are not gauranteed to find a scholarship at another school. ;) jc

sealhall74

Neckfansince71 wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:33 pm I think we have got to trust in the system and the coaching staff.  Loyal fan, I think every single year you must do what you stated above.... "trying to get the best possible players that are the best fit" for Jeter and WIU.  This is not his first rodeo although I am sure this "portal" thing has really got coaches wigging out.  Its almost like playing poker where you can throw 4 cards out with the hope of doing better.  The thing that gets me though is that players who take the portal are not gauranteed to find a scholarship at another school. ;) jc

My understanding is that almost all D1 scholarships are only a 1 year guarantee so there is no guarantee staying put either.  In fact, a coach telling a kid to move on is probably driving a few into the portal system.  The NCAA does allow longer scholarships but those are mostly for P5 football programs.  Did not Coach Mo send a few packing after just one year?

loyalfan

Lol.. I think Coach Mo sent a few packing after the first meeting! 😂... I do trust the process and the coaching staff, and we will see how it plays out...the frustration comes from the not knowing or hearing anything when other schools are getting commitments.. Im sure for a Coach it’s like winning the lotto if you actually get the kid you really want..and to be honest, we had to kinda take what we could get to put together a team the last time around...I’m hoping this time around we finally get the pieces we need to put us in the very upper tier of the conference year in and year out..the first “group” got us back to respectability, now we need to find the next “group” to move us on...it’s not easy to recruit to Macomb hopefully we find the ones that don’t care about all that other stuff schools can offer.
sealhall74

Fingers crossed KJ Lee sticks around.  I think he has John Konchar potential but will need to do what Konchar did (pack on about 30 lbs of muscle sooner rather than later).

Konchar weighed 165 in HS and was drawing real interest from only one D1 program (Chicago State).  Ended up playing for Fort Wayne to stay close to home and now has a home with the NBA Grizzlies.