2022 Football Tickets

GV Dad

The football tickets page is finally updated for 2022.  Season renewals go on sale tomorrow (site just says starting in June?), and new season ticket requests will begin July 12th.  Ticket prices went up from $20 or $16 to $25 for all games for reserved.  GA tickets are now $20, $15 for youth and senior. 

Still cheap for a D1 football game, just hope it doesn't keep some people away.  Would be nice to get to a point where we are averaging 7,000 or so.  Not sure the glory days of over 10,000 is a realistic goal anymore; as attendance is down across the board for college athletics.  But 7,000 would be a great atmosphere and double game day revenue from the previous several seasons.  

Football Tickets - Western Illinois University Athletics (goleathernecks.com)

sealhall74

Maybe the time has come or we are getting damn close to it when ALL students should benefit in a way from college athletics, whether they participate or not.  In addition to letting them in the gate for free as we do now, give them an extra handful of tickets for each game so family and/or friend(s) can tag along with them or even allow sale on the open market at whatever they can get for the tickets.  Might only pay for a dog and drink from the concession stand if they come to game but better than nothing.  I am sure there is an app that allows easy no hassle transfer of tickets.

Embrace the pace of the race.
GV Dad

sealhall74 wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 11:19 am Maybe the time has come or we are getting damn close to it when ALL students should benefit in a way from college athletics, whether they participate or not.  In addition to letting them in the gate for free as we do now, give them an extra handful of tickets for each game so family and/or friend(s) can tag along with them or even allow sale on the open market at whatever they can get for the tickets.  Might only pay for a dog and drink from the concession stand if they come to game but better than nothing.  I am sure there is an app that allows easy no hassle transfer of tickets.

At least a companion pass.  And, if parents weekend comes on a game day they should all get a coupon for 2 entries.  Not sure how meal plans work now, but maybe they could have a section of the concession stand by the student sect that takes meal plan as payment? 
GV Dad

New Season ticket sales are now open!!  Two seatbacks will run you $205.  

Western Illinois University| Ticketing - Ticket Office Home (universitytickets.com)
GV Dad

Season ticket sales have been a bit disappointing so far.  Going off the availability chart on the order page, we are about where we were last season.  Which I guess is good that a lot of people renewed.  We had just under 390 reserved for renewal in June, and we are at 411 sold today.  Single game tickets go on sale Aug 1, so hopefully things will pick up.  I realize not everyone can get to every game. 

I was hoping all the work the team has been doing in the community would drive sales, but so far the numbers aren't showing it.  Still some work to do, but I'm still optimistic we can get some good crowds back on Saturdays!  
wiu712

We may be pricing the Youth and Senior Citizens out of the market.

Their tickets are now $15.  They had been as low as $5 in past years.
sealhall74

IMHO, until we start packing in a lot more butts in close proximity, there is a little to no value in having a reserved season ticket near mid-field on the shady side.  I know I am a different beast, but I like to sit on the sunny side (albeit too sunny at times but that is what sunglasses and hats are made for), close to band, and closer to the concessions, settle into my own stadium seat, plop my feet up on the bleacher seat in front of me, etc.  And I get to save a few bucks on the cost of the seat which I can apply to those concessions.

Embrace the pace of the race.
GV Dad

sealhall74 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:02 am IMHO, until we start packing in a lot more butts in close proximity, there is a little to no value in having a reserved season ticket near mid-field on the shady side.  I know I am a different beast, but I like to sit on the sunny side (albeit too sunny at times but that is what sunglasses and hats are made for), close to band, and closer to the concessions, settle into my own stadium seat, plop my feet up on the bleacher seat in front of me, etc.  And I get to save a few bucks on the cost of the seat which I can apply to those concessions.

You can purchase a season GA ticket as well.  I believe there is a savings to doing that?  You bring up a good point though, everyone has their own preference as to seating.  I have some friends that don't even sit, they hang out in the South endzone area by the beer stand and watch the game from there.  Some walk up and down the fence behind our bench.  I like the chair backs, because I have a bad back.  I also like the view from higher up.  
leatherneckcountry

sealhall74 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:02 am IMHO, until we start packing in a lot more butts in close proximity, there is a little to no value in having a reserved season ticket near mid-field on the shady side.  I know I am a different beast, but I like to sit on the sunny side (albeit too sunny at times but that is what sunglasses and hats are made for), close to band, and closer to the concessions, settle into my own stadium seat, plop my feet up on the bleacher seat in front of me, etc.  And I get to save a few bucks on the cost of the seat which I can apply to those concessions.

Also doesn’t help that the reserved section are the most uncomfortable seats I’ve ever set in. I would rather sit by the band as well.

WIU2DC

Has anyone had luck grabbing tickets for UTM? They don’t make it very easy to find tickets on their website…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk