9/1/22 - at UT-Martin

letsgonecks

Stupid play 6......stupid.
WIU2DC

These refs are TERRIBLE. I’m on the home side and They were holding onto his leg but we get a he flag?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WIU2DC

#1 needed to play the ball not the pick on that last TD. Terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
letsgonecks

They scored after the no call grounding that wasn't even 10 yards close to a receiver.  Then the call before the punt....I wonder if he said something to the ref.

Either way, what the hell was Ross doing on the last play.  Playing back to intercept the ball and not breaking it up and playing the receiver.  What a joke.

sealhall74

Need to get pressure on their QB or he will pick us apart.
Embrace the pace of the race.
letsgonecks

sealhall74 wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:10 pm Need to get pressure on their QB or he will pick us apart.

There you go, Juan got some pressure and we got a pick.  Nothing to show, but 2 nice plays by the D.
Necks2003

Not many first game surprises from my general expectations. Defense was out of sync and was embarrassingly unable to stop the run or make adjustments, similar to the past few years. Special teams will need more live reps. 

Offense....not as dominant as one would hope. However, at least I saw 2 qb's that didn't stare down every receiver on every single play like the last 3 seasons. Hopefully this is a starting point against a respectable team. 

Was hoping things would be better sooner than later....but Rome wasn't built in a day and may take a few seasons before things really take shape. 
letsgonecks

We have our QB in Davenport and some solid WR's.  We need our D to get better. 

Never been a fan of the 3-4 in college, unless you're a major program that can recruit whoever you want.  Makes you small up front against the run and exposes OLBs in coverage.  I'd be a huge fan if it lead to tons of pressure off the edge, but doesn't for WIU. 

L'Étranger

Maybe it's worth it if we found our mobile passing QB tonight. I know Ogala is the player favorite but Davenport looks to have proven himself.

rocki

I was hoping to see better offense and defense, but the announcers reminded me that we do have 80 new players along with the new coaching staff. Gonna take a while to get everything clicking on all cylinders. I did like the new QBs. Right now I think I'd have to say Davenport has the edge, but either one is (in my opinion) head and shoulders above our previous QB. It will be interesting to see how the season pans out - hopefully we will learn each week and keep getting better and better.