9/17/22 - vs Southern Utah

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

I trained my Neural Net with weekly team stats and conference team matchup games from last season. 
Based on the latest team stats from this year (pretty sketchy at this point), here is the Neural Net prediction for this game.

{
  Game: 'Matchup',
  team1: { team: 'Southern Utah', score: 14.362 },
  team2: { team: 'Western Ill.', score: 17.913 },
  Note: 'Team 1 assumed to be visitor team'
}

Will it be a low scoring affair?  We shall see.

Pound the Rock but leave the sledge hammer in the locker room.  You never know.   ;)

Embrace the pace of the race.
sealhall74

This week's "Our alum is more famous than your alum" contest is between

Michael Boatman for the good guys

and

Keala Settle for the visitors.

Vote early and often.

Embrace the pace of the race.
WIU2DC

GV Dad wrote:I like our chances this weekend.  We should have a new face on the OL Saturday which will be a HUGE help.  That group has not played well so far.  Hoping vs S Utah we can get some running game going.  

Defensively, I think we found some kids that can play, and found out some kids we thought could really can't.  So I think we get a solid effort on D this game.  Watch #27 Aidan Harrison.  He's going to open some eyes.  Also #31 and #32, Reed and West.  True Fresh that really stepped up in the 4th Q last weekend.  

Travel will be a nightmare for S Utah.  You have to factor that in as well.  Hopefully we get a good crowd for the home opener.  

WIU 30  S Utah 17
Who is the OL joining the trench’s this weekend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MB1965

Im hoping to see Davenport sling it today. The most skilled position group we have is the receivers, they have proven that they will make plays and go get the ball. This in turn will loosen up the defense to open up the running game. Go NECKS!

WIU2DC

Man, our run game doesn’t look great so far. I know it’s early still

letsgonecks

Explosive game.  5 total possession for negative yards!!!!  They're leading with 4 yards.....
WIU2DC

Does anyone know if the refs have to make calls based on our students camera skills? I’m glad the students are getting practice for their future careers but definitely doesn’t help us.

rocki

Well, looks like Armstrong is going to be today's scapegoat. What a stupid move.
letsgonecks

Hope Washington is OK.  Already lost Henry, so gonna need guys like Bruce to step up.

How are we consistently that bad at running the ball?  Crazy that we don't occasionally have one go for 10 yards by a running back.