ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Men are 7th on the Summit League preseason list:

Trenton Massner is listed on the Preseason All-Summit League Team:
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

Did I see somewhere that ALL teams qualify for conference tournament starting this year?  If true, then positions 7-10 would probably have "play in" games to narrow the field down to 8.  At least it makes sense to me to do it that way.  Alternative would be byes for top 2 teams somehow.

Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:56 pm Did I see somewhere that ALL teams qualify for conference tournament starting this year?  If true, then positions 7-10 would probably have "play in" games to narrow the field down to 8.  At least it makes sense to me to do it that way.  Alternative would be byes for top 2 teams somehow.

That is correct. Now that St. Thomas is a full member, there's 10 and all get to play at least one game at the conference tournament.
Like you mentioned, the way it's set up is that 7 and 10 play each other with the winner taking on #2, and 8 and 9 play each other with the winner taking on #1. From there it's a standard 8-team bracket.
You can check out the full bracket here: https://s3.amazonaws.com/thesummitleagu ... racket.pdf

WIU2DC

I saw that one of the basketball games is being played in the QC. Is there any conversation in macomb that it may be a test run to move the athletics to the QC campus?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wiu712

Two games (one Men's and one Women's) during the semester break have been moved to Moline.  They will be played as a double-header on December 16 (Friday):
5:30 PM:  Women vs St Xavier University (IL).
7:30 PM:  Men vs Eureka College.

The only comment (complaint) that I have heard is that season-tickets were sold with these games being in Macomb.

leatherneckcountry

WIU2DC wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:10 pm I saw that one of the basketball games is being played in the QC. Is there any conversation in macomb that it may be a test run to move the athletics to the QC campus?

I believe the chances of that happening are between slim and none and slim just left the building.

leatherneckcountry

wiu712 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:44 pm Two games (one Men's and one Women's) during the semester break have been moved to Moline.  They will be played as a double-header on December 16 (Friday):
5:30 PM:  Women vs St Xavier University (IL).
7:30 PM:  Men vs Eureka College.

The only comment (complaint) that I have heard is that season-tickets were sold with these games being in Macomb.

I don't mind since it's not against D1 teams

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

WIU2DC wrote:I saw that one of the basketball games is being played in the QC. Is there any conversation in macomb that it may be a test run to move the athletics to the QC campus?

Western Hall will be set up for commencement ceremonies that weekend (commencement on Saturday), which makes for a good opportunity to take the show on the road for a couple of (hopefully) low-stress games.
They'll have to tear stuff down in a hurry so they can play the Monday conference game against NDSU back in Macomb. Opposing team is supposed to be allowed time in the gym the day before the game.

I’m hopeful that once the new center for performing arts is complete, they could do fall commencement in the large hall there. Then there won’t be any conflict with bball events in Western Hall.

sealhall74

ST_Lawson wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 6:37 pm
WIU2DC wrote:I saw that one of the basketball games is being played in the QC. Is there any conversation in macomb that it may be a test run to move the athletics to the QC campus?

Western Hall will be set up for commencement ceremonies that weekend (commencement on Saturday), which makes for a good opportunity to take the show on the road for a couple of (hopefully) low-stress games.

The athletics department is paying OT for facilities management people to tear down stuff overnight so they can play the Monday conference game against NDSU back in Macomb. Opposing team is supposed to be allowed time in the gym the day before the game.

I’m hopeful that once the new center for performing arts is complete, they could do fall commencement in the large hall there. Then there won’t be any conflict with bball events in Western Hall.

Just curious, currently what is the biggest classroom/lecture hall on campus?  I recall having a poly-sci class in the big Morgan lecture hall as a freshman. Is it the biggest?  You could probably stage a graduation ceremony in the Union Grande Ballroom but you would have to somehow move graduates and their guests in tandem through the seating process.  

Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

New Look Leathernecks: WIU Men's Basketball Preview.
From KHQA-TV-7 Sports:
https://khqa.com/sports/content/massner ... rning-star#

Last edited by wiu712 on Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.