10/29/22 - at Missouri State

sealhall74

Gotta be some pro scouts in attendance watching Shelley play today.
Embrace the pace of the race.
sealhall74

This situation reminds me of last year when we lost that heartbreaker to the Salukis.  This year it might be last week's game.  It was pretty ugly after that game last year although we did knock off ISUr late in the season.
MB1965

rocki wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:26 am Just another thought - if leatherneck57 or anyone else has any idea - how is the team feeling about the last games of the season? Did the Youngstown game reinvigorate team spirit? I sure hope they are able to keep their heads up and keep battling. 

If it did this Mo State game stomped. kicked and beat the hell out of the team spirit. I just feel bad for the kids.  :( I didn't get a chance to watch it just saw the current score, did we do anything positive after we got off the bus? Too many turn overs on offense? Did Mo st run all over us or throw with ease? 

WIU2DC

Why hasn’t Dobbins played more for us this season? Has he been hurt? He’s listed as a Jr and before coming to us he did pretty well at Temple. Hoping he comes back next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wiu712

Missouri State won the game 64-14.

Clay Bruno was 14 of 34 for 207 yards.

Western had 229 Total Yards:  215 yards Passing.  14 yards Rushing.

Attendance at Missouri State = 10,712 

Missouri State football finally snaps losing streak by blowing out Western Illinois.
From the Springfield News-Leader:
https://www.news-leader.com/story/sport ... 582898007/

sealhall74

Bruno is listed at 5'10" so he may be a little shorter than that.  Average NFL QB height is 6'3".  When you are short and have to look through the OL and DL guys to find a receiver, most of the time you are simply throwing to an area where the receiver is assumed to be in his route.  This was very noticeable today with the high camera angles at MSU stadium.  Bruno and receivers were not on the same sheet of music several times.  I dont know what the solution is.  But if you can't run the ball with some consistency, QB is nothing but a sitting duck back there IMHO.  

4EverPurple&Gold

That's how you respond after a heart breaker... Coach has lost the team.
leatherneckcountry

Interesting that macomb playoff game next Saturday will be at 3 in macomb so i'm guessing the NDSU game will have a very small crowd.
sealhall74

Screw reviewing any film from this one.  Instead, I would show the 2016 game at Hanson against the Bison.  Probably the best game I have seen in person at home even though we ended up losing 21-13.  Held them scoreless in the 2nd half and we were in it til the end.

BTW, I was behind the north end zone watching most of this one.  Got a good look at the arm of Wentz from there and came away most impressed.

Ooops, after futher review, that game was in 2014 and we lost it 17-10 but also in it to the end.  They came in ranked #1 and we were winless (0-2) in conference.

MB1965

4EverPurple&Gold wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:01 pm That's how you respond after a heart breaker... Coach has lost the team.

"thats how you respond after a heart breaker" -- what did I miss? Who said what? Please elaborate 
"Coach has lost the team" -- couldn't agree more!