10/29/22 - at Missouri State

rocki

Just another thought - if leatherneck57 or anyone else has any idea - how is the team feeling about the last games of the season? Did the Youngstown game reinvigorate team spirit? I sure hope they are able to keep their heads up and keep battling. 
Leatherneck57

rocki wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:26 am Just another thought - if leatherneck57 or anyone else has any idea - how is the team feeling about the last games of the season? Did the Youngstown game reinvigorate team spirit? I sure hope they are able to keep their heads up and keep battling. 

The team believes in this staff and the staff loves these players.  Of course it hurt but they are on to MO State!  The hand they were dealt and with so many new players these kids have battled.  Next year and the years to come I truly believe we win games like last Saturday.  

Like I said before…we have more kids committed to us at this point in the year than ever before.  Their are so many more commits you don’t know about because they are coming to campus in December prior to early signing period to get their pics taken in uniform.  They will announce as soon as that happens.  We had 30 kids on campus last weekend.  You will see several new faces on the team at the start of Spring semester.  

The NCAA has a new rule this year that allows football alumni to assist in the recruiting process.  For the first 3 weekends in December we will be having dinners with parents and recruits selling our experience as Leathernecks.

We’ll be alright.  With what they inherited they are working their asses off!

rocki

Leatherneck57 wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:08 pm
rocki wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:26 am Just another thought - if leatherneck57 or anyone else has any idea - how is the team feeling about the last games of the season? Did the Youngstown game reinvigorate team spirit? I sure hope they are able to keep their heads up and keep battling. 

The team believes in this staff and the staff loves these players.  Of course it hurt but they are on to MO State!  The hand they were dealt and with so many new players these kids have battled.  Next year and the years to come I truly believe we win games like last Saturday.  

Like I said before…we have more kids committed to us at this point in the year than ever before.  Their are so many more commits you don’t know about because they are coming to campus in December prior to early signing period to get their pics taken in uniform.  They will announce as soon as that happens.  We had 30 kids on campus last weekend.  You will see several new faces on the team at the start of Spring semester.  

The NCAA has a new rule this year that allows football alumni to assist in the recruiting process.  For the first 3 weekends in December we will be having dinners with parents and recruits selling our experience as Leathernecks.

We’ll be alright.  With what they inherited they are working their asses off!

I don't doubt for a minute that they are working their butts off - players and staff. Are the commits you speak of incoming freshmen or are there some transfers in there as well? From what I remember (which can be questionable, lol!), seems we got a lot of senior/grad student transfers this past year. Will we see more of those, are are the "out of high school" recruits ready to take over positions next season? 
WIU2DC

When we get more pieces on this team Jalen Reed and the freshman are gonna do good things.

Edit: hope he’s okay after that return.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by WIU2DC on Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
letsgonecks

We've been so bad the last few years, they don't even have game footage of us doing anything in the MVFC commercial.  Dudes without logos on the helmet, in practice jerseys hitting the sled.

sealhall74

Once again, we panic and get pass happy.  Run the freaking ball at least half the time, pretend the game is scoreless to start each series, and measure the progress accordingly.
Embrace the pace of the race.
WIU2DC

I think Clay Bruno needs to be benched the rest of the season. Give one of the freshman/sophomore QBs a shot. This season is lost anyways.

Or that QB that transferred in that hasn’t played at all this year.

letsgonecks

Didn't expect them to win, but seriously.  Don't have a down lineman that can do anything against the pass and our LB blitzes are pointless.  LBs in coverage aren't good either.  

Sad..........

rocki

This is brutal.
WIU2DC

Missouri state is gonna put but 60 or more points on us and with how the offense and Bruno are playing we won’t score another point.