11/5/22 - vs North Dakota State

rocki

vatusay wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:03 pm Seems like every year is a new master plan for facilities, and we are alway so close.  I just giggle when I hear anyone talking about it. 

I believe it when I’m walking into the new digs. 

Some of us are still hopeless dreamers.................. ;) :lol:

meganeck

vatusay wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:03 pm Seems like every year is a new master plan for facilities, and we are alway so close.  I just giggle when I hear anyone talking about it. 

This is true, seems we hear that with every new AD we get, except the last one didn't hear much from her. But they have a vision and a master plan to improve facilities and we get nothing but some minor stuff. 
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

meganeck wrote:

This is true, seems we hear that with every new AD we get, except the last one didn't hear much from her. But they have a vision and a master plan to improve facilities and we get nothing but some minor stuff. 
I think the issue is just that everyone has goals/plans/things they’d like to accomplish, but then they get in the job, get a real good look at the budget, the lack of large businesses in the immediate area, and the limited number of wealthy alumni, and realize that making any big projects happen is going to be borderline impossible.

Hopefully Paul, with his connections and knowledge of the fundraising area, is the one to get something done, but like we are now finally seeing with the performing arts center, I’ll believe it when I see the backhoes moving the dirt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
vatusay

rocki wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:08 pm

Some of us are still hopeless dreamers.................. ;) :lol:

Haha, I would love to see a new football stadium with the stands full. But, I think it will take some major continued success first from the program.   
#ALLIN #YOLO
meganeck

ST_Lawson wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:16 pm
meganeck wrote:

I think the issue is just that everyone has goals/plans/things they’d like to accomplish, but then they get in the job, get a real good look at the budget, the lack of large businesses in the immediate area, and the limited number of wealthy alumni, and realize that making any big projects happen is going to be borderline impossible.

Hopefully Paul, with his connections and knowledge of the fundraising area, is the one to get something done, but like we are now finally seeing with the performing arts center, I’ll believe it when I see the backhoes moving the dirt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scott, I understand that and I realize that money more likely has quelled any significant improvements