11/5/22 - vs North Dakota State

4EverPurple&Gold

rocki wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 1:24 pm Sadly I agree with you. And now there are rumblings out there of trouble on the staff. Its going to be an interesting next couple months.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, you don't just leave people hanging like this. If you know something, spill.

A source I know close to the program told me that coach and the AD are not on the same page and he can't let him go because of the buy out. Also was told a lot of players are leaving (not a shocker) and there have been some incidents that between coaches and players. 
rocki

4EverPurple&Gold wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:33 am
rocki wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 1:24 pm Sadly I agree with you. And now there are rumblings out there of trouble on the staff. Its going to be an interesting next couple months.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, you don't just leave people hanging like this. If you know something, spill.

A source I know close to the program told me that coach and the AD are not on the same page and he can't let him go because of the buy out. Also was told a lot of players are leaving (not a shocker) and there have been some incidents that between coaches and players. 

So, what are their differences? Seems they both want to bring back the tradition of top notch Leatherneck football, so what are the different pages they are on?
4EverPurple&Gold

rocki wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:55 am

So, what are their differences? Seems they both want to bring back the tradition of top notch Leatherneck football, so what are the different pages they are on?

Well yes, they both wan to build the program back. The main thing I was told that there is a disconnect on how both want to go about it. For example, recruiting, transfers, etc. Also hard to sell yourself to someone who didn't hire you and you have the meltdown vs. Youngstown State. 
rocki

4EverPurple&Gold wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:21 am
rocki wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:55 am

Well yes, they both wan to build the program back. The main thing I was told that there is a disconnect on how both want to go about it. For example, recruiting, transfers, etc. Also hard to sell yourself to someone who didn't hire you and you have the meltdown vs. Youngstown State. 

I can see that happening. As someone not personally involved, I think they should get together and work on fundraising for football. Recruiting, transfers, and the like won't matter if we can't have the funding to support a top notch program. Obviously the stadium needs work, but there are other needs for $$$$ in the program as well.
WIU2DC

Man, 6 months ago when Hendricks was hired none of us would think we’d be talking about coaching issues… already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sealhall74

It has been a rough year.  So many unknowns coming in beyond just who the QB is going to be.  If there were not some rumblings of discontent,  I would be chewing someone's ass off for having too much complacency. Maybe the George Steinbrenner approach is exactly what we need here. 

Embrace the pace of the race.
4EverPurple&Gold

WIU2DC wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:36 am Man, 6 months ago when Hendricks was hired none of us would think we’d be talking about coaching issues… already.

I agree, thought he was a good choice. Especially with his connection too. 

I really believe that this could of been a bigger jump than expected. I do understand he hasn't even been a year on the job but what I hear from the inside isn't great. 

letsgonecks

4EverPurple&Gold wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:48 pm
WIU2DC wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:36 am Man, 6 months ago when Hendricks was hired none of us would think we’d be talking about coaching issues… already.

I really believe that this could of been a bigger jump than expected. I do understand he hasn't even been a year on the job but what I hear from the inside isn't great. 

Appreciate the insight on what you're hearing, so thanks for sharing and please keep on sharing. 

Here's the deal.....winning or losing, you'll always find someone not happy with the situation or a certain perspective.  When losing you'll find a lot more people not happy, so it's expected, but lets not lose our shit after his first season.  Sure this season sucks for the ages and yeah they shit the bed against YSU and have plenty of holes, but that doesn't mean things can't change.

Players and coaches are going to leave and new ones will come in, that has always been how college ball works and even more so in this day and age.  Lets see where we're at again this time next year.  Remember people, it's not like we have a recent history of winning or we're sitting on a goldmine opportunity here.  He didn't come in because Elliott was wooed away by the FBS to be a HC.  We have a university and program that has been struggling and there can't be surprise, when he comes in behind the 8 ball and we struggle in the hardest conference in the FCS.

Not saying coach Hen will be in the ranks of the below, but cocahes/teams do turnaround.

https://www.on3.com/news/successful-col ... t-seasons/

I'm tryin to be optimistic now, but I'm sure to be on here Saturday freaking out and calling for his job, when they're getting run all over against the Sycamores.........joys of being a fan!!!!
4EverPurple&Gold

letsgonecks wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:06 pm
4EverPurple&Gold wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:48 pm

Appreciate the insight on what you're hearing, so thanks for sharing and please keep on sharing. 

Here's the deal.....winning or losing, you'll always find someone not happy with the situation or a certain perspective.  When losing you'll find a lot more people not happy, so it's expected, but lets not lose our shit after his first season.  Sure this season sucks for the ages and yeah they shit the bed against YSU and have plenty of holes, but that doesn't mean things can't change.

Players and coaches are going to leave and new ones will come in, that has always been how college ball works and even more so in this day and age.  Lets see where we're at again this time next year.  Remember people, it's not like we have a recent history of winning or we're sitting on a goldmine opportunity here.  He didn't come in because Elliott was wooed away by the FBS to be a HC.  We have a university and program that has been struggling and there can't be surprise, when he comes in behind the 8 ball and we struggle in the hardest conference in the FCS.

Not saying coach Hen will be in the ranks of the below, but cocahes/teams do turnaround.

https://www.on3.com/news/successful-col ... t-seasons/

I'm tryin to be optimistic now, but I'm sure to be on here Saturday freaking out and calling for his job, when they're getting run all over against the Sycamores.........joys of being a fan!!!!

Will always keep on sharing. Only a couple more games this year - bitter sweet. 

At least it looks like our MBK coaching hire is great. I've only heard and seen nothing but good things from Jeter. 
PoundTheRock

Been tough understanding the qb situation this year for sure.  Davenport has the highest qbr and best stats but is nowhere to be found and sounds like he is throwing only scout team.  I am really glad they gave Bruno a solid shot out there and quit yanking kids every other quarter, he plays all heart!!  Sure hope they play Henry this weekend as the games don't matter and he has been a solid teammate/young man from everything I have heard.

Player                    Rating    

Bruno, Clay            98.44

Davenport, Nick     134.57

Ogala, Henry         104.28