11/12/22 - vs Indiana State

rocki

PoundTheRock wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:28 am
rocki wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:58 am Just to veer a bit off topic here, what exactly happened to Brantley? I know it looked really serious from what I could see on TV, but I never heard exactly what his injury ended up being. Prayers for fast healing for him, for sure.

It looked like a possible compound fracture but I am not sure on that.  Prayers for that young man!!!

Oh, no! I remember the broadcasters said the players were immediately motioning for medical help, so it must have been pretty obvious it was serious. I hate to see that happen - hopefully his recovery will be a good one!
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

rocki wrote:
rocki wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:58 am Just to veer a bit off topic here, what exactly happened to Brantley? I know it looked really serious from what I could see on TV, but I never heard exactly what his injury ended up being. Prayers for fast healing for him, for sure.

It looked like a possible compound fracture but I am not sure on that.  Prayers for that young man!!!

Oh, no! I remember the broadcasters said the players were immediately motioning for medical help, so it must have been pretty obvious it was serious. I hate to see that happen - hopefully his recovery will be a good one!
Yeah, it happened right down in front of me. I couldn’t tell what the deal was at first, but then an ISU coach made a face and turned around, and I saw his lower leg. Looked like the lower part was bent 90 degrees in a direction that legs don’t bend, and in a place where legs don’t bend.

It was a pretty nasty injury.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
rocki

ST_Lawson wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:45 pm
rocki wrote:

Yeah, it happened right down in front of me. I couldn’t tell what the deal was at first, but then an ISU coach made a face and turned around, and I saw his lower leg. Looked like the lower part was bent 90 degrees in a direction that legs don’t bend, and in a place where legs don’t bend.

It was a pretty nasty injury.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prayers for strength and comfort for him, and that his recovery is free from complications and he heals quickly. 
Leatherneck57

Paid a visit to Naseim and his mom today.  He’s being discharged tonight and will head home to Macomb.  He has an appointment on Thursday with the orthopedic surgeon then he and his mom will fly home to Georgia.

She showed me pictures of the injury and post surgery.  The surgeon (the best in the area) at Blessing Hospital in Quincy did a great job with the surgery.  Looking at the pictures it doesn’t even look like anything is wrong other than the repair plate.

He’s in great spirits and looking forward to rehab.  He’s ready to work.  Surgeon said recovery for this type of injury is 6 months to a year.  He’s been up on crutches for walks and was able to shower.

I took them plenty of chocolate and candy.
Attachments
4C0CDF2E-1521-443F-A0C7-8BB0F3B5CC10.jpeg
4C0CDF2E-1521-443F-A0C7-8BB0F3B5CC10.jpeg (1.27 MiB) Viewed 1049 times
meganeck

Good on you and thanks for sharing L57
rocki

Thanks LN57 - give him our very best!
rocki

Because I don't know where to put this - is there a date that the transfer portal is open, and do we have any ideas who could possibly be headed that way?
GV Dad

The Portal is open, I'm not sure it ever "closes".  There are just deadlines for participating in the season.  As far as numbers for us, it's anyone's guess.  But I'd say the days of being surprised if you lose 10+ kids in an offseason are gone; for all teams.  Not good for football, in my opinion.  
rocki

GV wrote:Thu Jan 01, 1970 4:32 am The Portal is open, I'm not sure it ever "closes".  There are just deadlines for participating in the season.  As far as numbers for us, it's anyone's guess.  But I'd say the days of being surprised if you lose 10+ kids in an offseason are gone; for all teams.  Not good for football, in my opinion.  

I share your sentiments, but what ya gonna do? I was just on ISUr's message board, and they apparently think they have several hitting the portal. I can't even keep track of who is on their final year of playing and who got a bonus year - main reason I asked.
GV Dad

rocki wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:44 pm
GV wrote:Thu Jan 01, 1970 4:32 am The Portal is open, I'm not sure it ever "closes".  There are just deadlines for participating in the season.  As far as numbers for us, it's anyone's guess.  But I'd say the days of being surprised if you lose 10+ kids in an offseason are gone; for all teams.  Not good for football, in my opinion.  

I share your sentiments, but what ya gonna do? I was just on ISUr's message board, and they apparently think they have several hitting the portal. I can't even keep track of who is on their final year of playing and who got a bonus year - main reason I asked.

Yep, it's everywhere, not just us.  Even schools with winning programs are losing players.