Interesting Off Season

GV Dad

It's going to be interesting to see what happens this Off Season.  

1) Players.  Who enters the Portal or just leaves Football?  I have a feeling we'll have a lot of turnover again.  I hope we can keep most of our Freshman, I think we have some gems in that class.  Can the Coaches develop the young players if we keep them?
2) Coaching staff.  Who stays?  Who goes?  Who is asked to go?  Who joins?  Do we have an OC next year?
3) Alumni/Boosters.  Can the new AD finally get some $$?  We'll never compete with the current budget.  Might have been able to 10-15 years ago, but it's a different game now.  The kids, and coaches, need the toys.  
4) Recruits.  How does Coach Hen continue to sell the current program?  I think he did pretty good last year, especially considering the very late start.  If we can keep the Freshman from last year, can we stack another good class on top of them?  Early signing is Dec 21-23.  

rocki

I'm with you in hoping we keep a lot of the younger players - there are some really bright spots there. Other than that, I don't know who of the upperclassmen would have 1 or 2 more seasons left (covid really messed a lot of that up) so I can't even begin to guess who of them we might retain. Rebuilding isn't done in a day, so I have to remember to be patient. As for the coaches, who knows? I'm not close enough to the program to know who's liable to stay or go.

All I can say is "onward and upward".
jtrinaldi

Normally I'd be worried about the assistant coaches leaving, but when you can't win a game, that's not really a concern
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Cameron Lewis: https://goleathernecks.com/sports/footb ... ewis/19875
Junior WR with no appearances in 3 seasons.

Entering the transfer portal:
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
rocki

ST_Lawson wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:09 pm Cameron Lewis: https://goleathernecks.com/sports/footb ... ewis/19875

Is twitter the only way you can find out who's hitting the portal?
letsgonecks

rocki wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:14 pm
ST_Lawson wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:09 pm Cameron Lewis: https://goleathernecks.com/sports/footb ... ewis/19875

Get a coaching job or have a close friend who coaches in the NCAA or you could hack the portal......good luck and keep us posted.

rocki

letsgonecks wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:54 pm
rocki wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:14 pm

Get a coaching job or have a close friend who coaches in the NCAA or you could hack the portal......good luck and keep us posted.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe they are following twitter as well, but a couple of the other boards have a topic devoted to this, so I thought maybe there was some place it was listed. I did see the SD QB is hitting the portal.

4EverPurple&Gold

Didn't even know who that kid was.

0 appearances in 3 seasons. Good luck to you sir.

Bama ain't calling 
MB1965

Cam Lewis the 1st of most likely many to come, 3 seasons in and 2 different coaching staff's and never made the field? I know his position was recruited hard last year with great success. Brantley and Armstrong to name a few makes it tough to see playing time. Best of luck to the young man.

rocki

MB1965 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:55 pm Cam Lewis the 1st of most likely many to come, 3 seasons in and 2 different coaching staff's and never made the field? I know his position was recruited hard last year with great success. Brantley and Armstrong to name a few makes it tough to see playing time. Best of luck to the young man.

Since you seem to be in the know, please keep us updated on what rumblings you hear. Thanks!