Youngstown

leatherneckcountry

1st home game of the year and now you have to the tickets outside and there was a bunch of us looking around trying to find out where to get tickets.
sealhall74

No shot clock so we give a technical foul to start the game.  Oh my!

Is it a technical issue or is no one available to run the clock?
Embrace the pace of the race.
leatherneckcountry

Looks like massner is done 
sealhall74

leatherneckcountry wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:57 pm Looks like massner is done 

another injury or lingering effects of last one?
sealhall74

We opened up with about 10 minutes of really good ball.  Hitting 3s which opened up things inside.  Since then, a different team on offense.  Credit to YSU, they turned up the pressure D.
Necks2003

Embarrassing once again. I get the best player is out,  but apparently nobody else can score or play defense. Overall, team looks slow, lazy and sloppy. Lack of effort and execution. 
meganeck

leatherneckcountry wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:38 pm 1st home game of the year and now you have to the tickets outside and there was a bunch of us looking around trying to find out where to get tickets.

?? Not sure what you mean - Are you saying the ticket window inside wasn't selling tickets? I am under the impression it was a malfunction with the shot clocks. What a truly embarrassing situation all around. Not sure what happened with Massner, I watched a little of the first half, missed most of the good play the last part of the first half wasn't good, so didn't bother watching the second half as I other stuff to do. Thought of going down today to watch, glad i didn't. Was there no radio, tried that q98 that had football and wasn't on there
wiu712

sealhall74 wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:05 pm No shot clock so we get a technical foul to start the game.  Is it a technical issue, or is no one available to run the clock?

It appeared to be a technical / electrical situation.  They were trying to get it going before the game started.  The P.A. announcer had to announce the time remaining to shoot in 5 second intervals.

Youngstown State won the game 88-64

Alec Rosner led the Western scoring with 16 points.  Quinlan Bennett had 13.  Steph Gabriel had 12.

Trenton Massner played 14 minutes and had 6 points.

Attendance at Western Hall = 431

Next game will be at Western Hall on Wednesday (Nov 30) vs Southern Indiana.  Game time is 7:30 PM.  This will be the second game of a double-header.  The Women will be playing Tarleton State at 5:00 PM.

Last edited by wiu712 on Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wiu712

meganeck wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:26 pm
Not sure what you mean - Are you saying the ticket window inside wasn't selling tickets?
Fans can no longer enter Western Hall via the East Arena door.   You now have to enter thru the doors on the north side of the building.

The original 1962 Western Hall Ticket Window is now back in operation.  And you do have to buy your tickets outside.

Fans already with tickets enter thru the east set of doors on the north side of Western Hall.

Fans needing tickets buy them at the Ticket Window at the west set of doors on the front (north) side of Western Hall.

wiu712

There was no local radio broadcast of Saturday's game with Youngstown.  And there was no local broadcast of the game with Texas-RGV earlier in the week.

The university owns and operates two radio stations.  You would think that Western Athletics would be able to put the game on one of its own stations -- even if it was a simulcast of the television broadcast.