Football Staff Changes

leatherneckcountry

4EverPurple&Gold wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:51 am
Leatherneck57 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:58 am
leatherneckcountry wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:29 am

I don’t have a problem with him as the Oline coach but I'm not sure about him calling plays if he’s truly the OC as I don’t see anywhere of him calling plays at any level.

I hear you…but I also wonder how much Coach Hendrickson will be involved with that as well as the pass game coordinator/QB coach?  I wonder where all the OC’s and DC’s in football today got their experience?  A lot of run game or passing game coordinators get promoted all the time.  

I guess I’m not worried about that as much as some people are.  He’s worn a lot of different hats in his short coaching career.  He must be doing something right.  

To explain my comment further - not sure why someone becomes a D1 OC after no prior experience at all. I understand everyone starts somewhere. 

I do like his track record of the O-Line, feel like we really needed that after last season. 

I think with no media coverage of the team, its hard to know who is calling plays

I agree every time we hire a coach or we get a player we here about how great they are yet all we do is get worse every year I'm tired of hearing about how great everyone is and show me on the field. I don’t give a damn if we hire Nick Saban if he’s not winning games for us. I like to be positive but at some point it has to translate onto the field.

Leatherneck57 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:38 am
4EverPurple&Gold wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:23 pm
I feel like this is a kind of ehh hire. 

I agree with Rocki as to why you feel this way.  

When I read this link..https://goblackbears.com/sports/footbal ... denecke/78

I see a coach that did his GA work at the FBS level working with TE’s, DL and O-line.   I see a coach that started his career as a TE coach, was promoted to O-Line coach and had 2 O-lineman on all conference teams and averaged 122 yards a game.  Plus they had a freshman RB that rushed for over 1000 yards for the first time in school history during a final four run.

I see a coach that was promoted to Asst HC, run game coordinator/O-line coach where his run game averaged 129 yards a game.  And again having O-lineman receiving all conference accolades.
When I read this linkhttps://www.valpoathletics.com/football ... t-denecke/
I see a run game that averaged 126 yards a game, I see a first team all conference O-lineman, I see a first team RB and a 1200 yard rusher.  I see a guy that assisted the Valpo offense to the top 5 of the PFL in total offense, turnovers lost, rushing offense, passing efficiency and more. 

One other plus…our new signee Ryan Merklinger a 6’5 325 guard started for him last year.  His experience will be a huge asset with Ty O’Janovac coming back at center and the new transfer Tackle from Bowling Green.

https://twitter.com/ryan_merklinger/status/1599804526944718848?s=46&t=iAW2tcmc3FUBqPe-_-aPUw

I appreciate your opinion…not sure what you’re seeing that I’m not.

I believe we’re in good hands but only time will tell.

Is Ty definitely coming back?
Leatherneck57

Guest wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:01 pm
Leatherneck57 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:38 am
4EverPurple&Gold wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:23 pm

I feel like this is a kind of ehh hire. 

I agree with Rocki as to why you feel this way.  

When I read this link..https://goblackbears.com/sports/footbal ... denecke/78

I see a coach that did his GA work at the FBS level working with TE’s, DL and O-line.   I see a coach that started his career as a TE coach, was promoted to O-Line coach and had 2 O-lineman on all conference teams and averaged 122 yards a game.  Plus they had a freshman RB that rushed for over 1000 yards for the first time in school history during a final four run.

I see a coach that was promoted to Asst HC, run game coordinator/O-line coach where his run game averaged 129 yards a game.  And again having O-lineman receiving all conference accolades.
When I read this linkhttps://www.valpoathletics.com/football ... t-denecke/
I see a run game that averaged 126 yards a game, I see a first team all conference O-lineman, I see a first team RB and a 1200 yard rusher.  I see a guy that assisted the Valpo offense to the top 5 of the PFL in total offense, turnovers lost, rushing offense, passing efficiency and more. 

One other plus…our new signee Ryan Merklinger a 6’5 325 guard started for him last year.  His experience will be a huge asset with Ty O’Janovac coming back at center and the new transfer Tackle from Bowling Green.

https://twitter.com/ryan_merklinger/status/1599804526944718848?s=46&t=iAW2tcmc3FUBqPe-_-aPUw

I appreciate your opinion…not sure what you’re seeing that I’m not.

I believe we’re in good hands but only time will tell.

Is Ty definitely coming back?

I saw him last week in the locker room and he’s glad to be back.  He’s in every workout picture Coach Kreczmer posts on twitter

Attachments
9C933431-0895-449D-BFD4-16FFD0260DB5.jpeg
9C933431-0895-449D-BFD4-16FFD0260DB5.jpeg (495.07 KiB) Viewed 752 times
D065D6EB-71F1-4E73-A49B-F292D5CDD5C7.jpeg
D065D6EB-71F1-4E73-A49B-F292D5CDD5C7.jpeg (573 KiB) Viewed 752 times
MB1965

Honestly guys, after last years call playing by our OC/HC anything has to be better. Is he worthy of the play calling duties? Time will tell and Coach H had better allow him to do the job and not interfere. Another 0-11 season could see a for sale sign in his front yard.
letsgonecks

There are certainly guys that just have a better vision, better prep, and are better under pressure, but that doesn't mean shit if you don't have talent.

If the line steps up and one of the new Qb's is a legit talent, this guy could come out looking amazing.  If the line is below average, we can't run the ball and we change Qbs every week, it wouldn't matter if Bill Walsh came back from the dead and called the plays.

dogwhisper

MB1965 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:03 am Honestly guys, after last years call playing by our OC/HC anything has to be better. Is he worthy of the play calling duties? Time will tell and Coach H had better allow him to do the job and not interfere. Another 0-11 season could see a for sale sign in his front yard.

Strength and conditioning program needs to be addressed, we are the smallest and weakest team every week and this has been a theme for the last 5 years.  I would guess the OC title is just that, Coach Hen will keep calling plays but the new guy will take the heat.
GV Dad

letsgonecks wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:04 pm There are certainly guys that just have a better vision, better prep, and are better under pressure, but that doesn't mean shit if you don't have talent.

If the line steps up and one of the new Qb's is a legit talent, this guy could come out looking amazing.  If the line is below average, we can't run the ball and we change Qbs every week, it wouldn't matter if Bill Walsh came back from the dead and called the plays.

Totally agree with this.  We need improvement at every level of the program; from AD to Freshman class.  I've seen a couple good steps this off season, but not nearly enough in my opinion.  Until the University, Alumni and state govt start putting some funds in to this program (See Mo State) I'm afraid we are destined for mediocrity at best.  Hope I'm wrong, and I'll always cheer for the Necks! 

GV wrote:Thu Jan 01, 1970 4:42 am
letsgonecks wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:04 pm There are certainly guys that just have a better vision, better prep, and are better under pressure, but that doesn't mean shit if you don't have talent.

Totally agree with this.  We need improvement at every level of the program; from AD to Freshman class.  I've seen a couple good steps this off season, but not nearly enough in my opinion.  Until the University, Alumni and state govt start putting some funds in to this program (See Mo State) I'm afraid we are destined for mediocrity at best.  Hope I'm wrong, and I'll always cheer for the Necks! 

I agree about funding. We are at a disadvantage when recruiting and retaining players. From the stadium to the player equipment and even the player "swag", there is a noticeable difference from the rest of the conference. 
4EverPurple&Gold

Guest wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:11 am
GV wrote:Thu Jan 01, 1970 4:42 am

I agree about funding. We are at a disadvantage when recruiting and retaining players. From the stadium to the player equipment and even the player "swag", there is a noticeable difference from the rest of the conference. 

10000% 

Honeslty, its embarrassing. 

sealhall74

When it comes to football, the State of Illinois has to support the Flagship U along with 5 other Public Us ALL playing at the D1 level.
Therein lies the problem.  Should be more like the neigbors to the North and West and have some D2/D3 presence.  

Embrace the pace of the race.