ORU (Max et al.) Senior Day

sealhall74

Was hoping to attend in person but feeling a bit under the weather on this beautiful winter day.
ORU maybe the most versatile team to play in the Summit in many years.  Not much they can't do.
Pick your poison to try and beat them.  Doable but we need to catch them on an off shooting day IMHO.

The Neural Net predictor says this might not be the day:
{
  Game: 'Matchup',
  team1: { id: 'Oral Roberts', score: 94.967 },
  team2: { id: 'Western Ill.', score: 76.506 },
  Note: 'Team 1 assumed to be visitor team'
}

Embrace the pace of the race.
sealhall74

ORU is beatable in the tournament.  The Sioux Falls crowd will let them hear it and would be behind every team they play without South Dakota in their name.  Will take a solid 40 minutes of basketball to beat them.

Neckfansince71

Was very very concerned after the loss to KC.  We have sustain some battle damage and I thought after Thursday night it might be catching up on us.  What we got today was a fantastic effort that I am sure everyone there got a kick out of.  Nice interview with Boudreaux and Stone discussing this years mens team.  A week will do us wonders as far as our legs and ankles are concerned.  They have 3rd seed to play for.  Very proud of this group and we finally are getting the crowds we hoped we would get with Jeter's arrival.  Will make it easier to recruit in the near future.   ;)  jc
wiu712

Oral Roberts won the game 82-73.

Oral Roberts led by 21 (51-30) at the half.  Western got as close as 6 (76-70).

Alec Rosner led the Western scoring with 29 points.  Trenton Massner had 23 points.

Both Rosner and Massner played all 40 minutes.

Western was 12 of 32 on three-pointers.  Alec Rosner had 7.

Western only shot 4 free throws.

Attendance at Western Hall = 1,681

Next game will be at Saint Thomas on Saturday (Feb 18).  Game time is 7:00 PM.

vatusay

Again, the attendance number seems low. It was packed. 
#ALLIN #YOLO
wiu712

Current Summit League Standings:
Oral Roberts  14-0
South Dakota State  10-4
North Dakota State  8-6
Western  8-7
Saint Thomas  8-7
UMKC  7-7
South Dakota  6-8
North Dakota  4-10
Denver  4-11
Omaha  3-12

leatherneckcountry

I have to say I was enjoying our AD he was excited and was getting the student section involved. Of all the Ad we’ve had since I’ve been around that was the most excited and engaged in the game I’ve seen one.
sealhall74

Somebody watching the stream posted on the ORU board how good the crowd was AND how intimate the setup was, wishing they had that kind of thing.  Western Hall should be a huge home court advantage for us if we can consistently pack the lower bowl with lots of butts (especially noissy students).  Crowd so close to floor can be very intimidating to an opponent.
4EverPurple&Gold

leatherneckcountry wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:56 pm I have to say I was enjoying our AD he was excited and was getting the student section involved. Of all the Ad we’ve had since I’ve been around that was the most excited and engaged in the game I’ve seen one.

I agree! I ran into him at a game earlier this season and his passion is for real. I have a good feeling that he will doing anything to help the Necks. 
wiu712

Saturday night's WGEM-TV Sports showed a line of people outside of Western Hall to buy tickets.