Spring Football

4EverPurple&Gold

ST_Lawson wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:29 pm
4EverPurple&Gold wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:00 pm Well all we know about spring football is from this post:

Let's just say I hope the team is better than these photos 

What do you mean...you can tell so much from those. For example, we have football players...at least 5.

that's about it, I guess

Haha off to a good start.

But on a serious note, I look at what other schools are doing on social for their spring football coverage and its disappointing. I know we don't have the resources that other schools but some coverage more than just some iPhone photos would be appreciated. 

4EverPurple&Gold wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:49 am
4EverPurple&Gold wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:00 pm Well all we know about spring football is from this post:

What do you mean...you can tell so much from those. For example, we have football players...at least 5.

that's about it, I guess

But on a serious note, I look at what other schools are doing on social for their spring football coverage and its disappointing. I know we don't have the resources that other schools but some coverage more than just some iPhone photos would be appreciated. 

Completely agree. Need to do whatever they can to generate a following and even anticipation. Recruits follow the social media as well. They’ll realize resources are limited when they get here, but at least help give the staff a chance to get them on campus. Social media is free if you get student help. 
wiu712

4EverPurple&Gold

wiu712 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:54 pm

They must be reading the message board lol  

jtrinaldi

that's about it, I guess

For a university that offers marketing, and communication majors, it is a tad bit surprising that the athletic department can't figure out how to bring on a few interns FROM the UNIVERSITY each semester for keeping the engagement trending up
dogwhisper

jtrinaldi wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:03 am

that's about it, I guess

For a university that offers marketing, and communication majors, it is a tad bit surprising that the athletic department can't figure out how to bring on a few interns FROM the UNIVERSITY each semester for keeping the engagement trending up

Surprised?!  Our team can't even where the same helmets or practice jerseys!

Neckfansince71

Carrier deck personal wear different colors too depending on the job they have on the flight deck.  Could our different colored jerseys mean the same type of thing? ;)
 jc
sealhall74

Neckfansince71 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:06 pm Carrier deck personal wear different colors too depending on the job they have on the flight deck.  Could our different colored jerseys mean the same type of thing? ;)
 jc

Or maybe jersey colors are like karate belts - you have to EARN your way up the chromatic ladder.
Whatever it is, I am not losing any sleep over it.
Embrace the pace of the race.
Leatherneck57

sealhall74 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:10 pm
Neckfansince71 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:06 pm Carrier deck personal wear different colors too depending on the job they have on the flight deck.  Could our different colored jerseys mean the same type of thing? ;)
 jc

Or maybe jersey colors are like karate belts - you have to EARN your way up the chromatic ladder.
Whatever it is, I am not losing any sleep over it.

QB’s wear red jerseys which means hands off.

Green Jersey’s mean you can practice but no physical contact.  They must be nursing an injury.

White jerseys - offense

Purple jerseys - defense

When Spring ball is over all helmets (white and purple) are going in for reconditioning.  Purple helmets will become white.  Due to budgets we can’t have two colors anymore.  They have decided to stay with white helmets.  

It costs about $15,000 a year per color to recondition helmets.  So $30,000 to have two colors of helmets just doesn’t fit the budget.  

meganeck

thanks for letting us know that, i think I would prefer the Purple helmets